AVIC411.com

songs change mid way through playing??

Just started today. When I play a song from my library either in random mode or play a selected album, within the first 45 sec to a min it skips to the next song. It might even skip 1-2 songs if playing only the album. Anyone else have this problem, and hopefully have a solution?

TIA

Howard

Are you by chance using the steering wheel control module? Mine was doing something very similar and I figured out it was the steering wheel control module..

If you do have it, I would suggest reprogramming with the engine on to give it as much current as possible. That fixed my problem.

If you are not using the module, I don't know what to tell you..

Jason

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am using the steering wheel remote. How do you reprogram it with the engine on?

Thanks

H-

I am talking about either the Peripheral or the PAC adapter that integrates with the factory steering wheel buttons. That has to be programmed when it is installed, if you did not do the install yourself, I would take it back to where you had the work done and ask them to reprogram it with the engine on..

If you are using the Pioneer remote, I don't think there is any reprogramming on that one.. If that is the one you are using, maybe you are hitting the track up/down button while turning or something?

Jason

If I may I would like to throw a loop in this one. My AVIC just started doing this as well (Skipping ahead to the next song on the Library). Sometimes it is worse than other times. I do not have any steeringwheel controls or remotes added to my system. Two wire bypass is done and has been working for 6 months now flawlessly. And no changes have been made to my system other than adding albums to my HDD. The Free Space is at 73 Percent. Someone please help!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new Z3 Preloaded Hard Drive from Garret Toomey and I have no more problems. Plus you get an extra 30GB for your music. Mine does not lock up anymore and does not skip tracks. It was $145 delivered to canada and I had it in 3 days. Do a search for Garret Toomey on this site and you will find his ad. It is easily installed in 5 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...