AVIC411.com

Kenwood DNX8120 installed *pics*

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I have had a decent offer for my D3 and was considering an upgrade. I was going f90 but now I am looking to the dnx8120. As having used nothing other than pioneer decks for the last 13 years, I am very leery about this. Just a few questions, How is the Sirius interface, can you see multiple lines of text. What do you need to be able to get the sirius hooked up to the dnx8120. And is the video and nav bypass really as simple as just grounding the parking break wire, seems to good to be true.

I have had an 8120 and can tell you that the interface for the satellite radios is better only in the fact you can have three lines of text and you can configure them how ever you want. Its a plain black screen with the text and no fancy graphics as on the Pioneer units. You will need a Sirius tuner of course which I believe is two separate pieces. And the bypass is as easy as stated, ground the parking brake wire and thats it.

Really appreciate the quick reply, just to clear it up Crutchfield states

"Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the displaying of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire in the supplied 22-pin harness must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit, as well as a constant power source and ground. While the vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the other displays and menus."

I take it to bypass you just ground the green wire and ignore the constant power supply.

I dont want to sound like an ass just not familer with anything other than pioneer and i just like being thorough before i commit to something. I dont mind spending the extra money, im just looking for a unit that has built in reliable nav, bt, and a quick ipod interface. I appreciate all the help

BTW I see your from Vancleave, I work with a fella from there....

• 4 weeks later...

just got done isntalling my 8120 love it but have to figure out how to use it to its full potential. I had a couple of ? i wanted answered maybe you guys can help. Will the 8120 play videos/dvd's off of the usb? i have ironman on a usb stick and it wont play in the truck. the 8120 says there is nothing on the memory stick but when i go in my buddys truck he has a pioneer or alpine and it works fine there. Does the 8120 not support that type of video?? also when i start my truck the kenwood resumed the last funtion source like the tuner but after about 3seconds it boots up and switches to TEL mode. how do i change this?? i want it to boot up in tuner mode all the time. or the last played source. The SD card is only for upgrading the nav?? lastley how do i add pics or change my background screen?? with usb?? thankyou