AVIC411.com

AVIC D1 Hack.. Please help

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cntrylvr79"]Ok try this.

Step 1. Remove ALL of the stupid plastic taps and properly splice the wires together.

Step 2. Check the pin that you added to the avic harness. Make sure it's seated properly and doesn't push itself out when you plug it into the avic.

Step 3. Plug the harness back into the car and into the avic.

Step 4. Turn the ignition on.

Step 5. Grab a ballpoint pen, paperclip, or some other small object and push and hold the reset button for at least 5 seconds.

Here's a pic to help. The reset button is circled in yellow.[/quote]

alrighty, tried your suggestions and still no go...

I looked under the settings menu => hardware info => connection status, and while the car is stationary, the parking break status says "ok". once I start driving, it changes to "off". really strange...
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]If the parking brake is turning off, then you have a bad connection on that wire. It is grounded to metal in the car correct?[/quote]

It's grounded to a ground wire... i didn't ground it to a piece of metal in the car. I would think it should still work the way I did it tho...
[quote name="tillithz"]could be something other then a ground you "think" is a ground. how did you determine it was a ground?[/quote]

I tapped into the black wire of the pioneer harness, which I know connects to the brown-colored ground wire of my scion tC harness.

if what i connected to wasn't ground, then in the connection status menu of the D1, shouldn't the parking break status not say "ok" at all, even when the car is stationary?
[quote name="tillithz"]before or after the filter box? and which black then?[/quote]

[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p278/ehong81/harness.jpg[/img]

wires 1, 3, 4 are all connected to wire 2, and wire 2 is tapped into the black wire G. Wire G connects to a brown-colored wire (can't see it in this pic) after the white plastic connection that is the ground wire in the tC harness. the blue taps are no longer there and have been replaced with solder connections.
uhh duh you did picture it earlier, sorry i forgot. but hmm....

what did you ground the corner empty pin with? what wire? did you get a correct pin? I notice you didnt use the cell phone mute and if it is grounded it looks to be using a black wire, I dont know of any black wire that you can simply pull out and use in that spot. so it leads me to believe you used a spare piece of black wire and spliced it and shoved it in the corner pin there next to the constant (yellow) wire. is that what you did? because if so and you are taping into it for/with ground then its not likely contacting properly all along the circuit. let us know, thanks
[quote name="tillithz"]uhh duh you did picture it earlier, sorry i forgot. but hmm....

what did you ground the corner empty pin with? what wire? did you get a correct pin? I notice you didnt use the cell phone mute and if it is grounded it looks to be using a black wire, I dont know of any black wire that you can simply pull out and use in that spot. so it leads me to believe you used a spare piece of black wire and spliced it and shoved it in the corner pin there next to the constant (yellow) wire. is that what you did? because if so and you are taping into it for/with ground then its not likely contacting properly all along the circuit. let us know, thanks[/quote]

yea, there's a black wire in the corner pin that's been tapped into ground. it seems firmly lodged in the corner pin. not sure if it can be put in any more properly than it currently is.
well thats one problem. theres another wire such as the yellow with black stripe, get that pulled out it is normally for the cell phone mute and use that in the place. you will slide it out by pushing down the little metal tab that holds it in the connector. then slightly bend it up to slide it back into the corner where you have the black wire now. then check things out.
Ya kno I didn't even notice that one. Thought maybe he did what I did and pulled the ground pin from a spare pioneer harness and shoved it in. I would definately look into that wire as the possible problem.

On a side note, mybe I should start offering up the extra pioneer harnesses I have for the ground pin.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]Ya kno I didn't even notice that one. Thought maybe he did what I did and pulled the ground pin from a spare pioneer harness and shoved it in. I would definately look into that wire as the possible problem.

On a side note, mybe I should start offering up the extra pioneer harnesses I have for the ground pin.[/quote]

you guys are brilliant... turned out that was the problem. i pulled out one of the wires not being used and stuck that into the corner slot and it worked!

the reason i didn't do that in the first place was cuz the place that installed my unit did that part for me, and i assumed they knew what they were doing.

but whatever, it finally works and i don't hafta disassemble my car anymore... my fingers were getting sore plugging things in and out over and over.

thanks!
But I have one question. I have seen in various places on this forum that the parking brake and bypass wire have to be grounded to separate locations. Based on this example, it looks like all the grounds can be bundled together?

Bonus question(s):
Is the VSS wire required (2003 Nissan Altima V6) for the GPS to function properly?

What about the reverse light wire?

Thanks