AVIC411.com

Owners of F Series - Would you do it again?

with a little bit of electronics pioneer could create a battery protection system in the design of the f series. a system what monitors the state of the battery. when enough volts hibernation and when to low shutdown, preventing deep discharge situations by automatically shutting down (using a built-in shutdown controller) until battery levels reach safe levels again.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed that they could, bitman....but will they? ...

at this point pioneer is not going to do anymore major changes like that. they did their first update which fixed major problems, now the second one will change minor ones..i doubt theyll do any more after this 2nd update to its upto the hackers here really..

i`m NOT writing that they will make a modification. i`m talking about the original design of the f series... that's why i`m gone create my own power supply what does this.

i didnt mean to sound like i was attacking your post, i meant to say that i think thats a good idea, but unfortuantly, though pioneer could make that change, they probably wont. and that if theres any chance of defeating the boot time, its gonna hafta be amongst the members here.

This is the first ever AVIC or decent (higher end, to a degree) head unit I've ever bought. And honestly, I'd totally do it again. I've had it installed less than a week, but for what I've done with it so far and that experience, I have no major complaints. I sort of knew what to expect after reading here a bit... but I have had no big issues or problems with it yet.

Absolutely. This is a my first nav unit and I would buy this F700BT again. After the firmware update, everything is perfect, except for the screen still too bright in night mode.

All the features still amaze me for such a nice-priced unit ($600-700). It's not 100% perfect or has all the features of $1000-$1500 units but it is a lot of value for the money. I had to get used to the navigation unit (also have a TomTom 910) but now I like it much better than the TT. iPod controls are great and sound quality is awesome.

Boot up time is pretty quick after the update, usually only about 10 - 20 seconds before music starts playing. No more VR loading everytime it is started. :D

I just wanted to bump this thread so all these newbies that keep asking questions can decide to get one based off our hands-on experience. Don't say we didn't warn you!!!

So why this thread? These posts are strictly opinion-based and was meant for current F series owners, not "newbies" looking for information. They would have to read up on the original review, then the resolved and unresolved issues.....then pass through the hacks and make their own, unbiased decision.

id do it again, AND recommend it to people.

no offense but if my friend recommended this to me, and I paid 850 or whatever for it, we would not be friends long. At the very least I would never ask for his recommendation again.

Even if you are ok with the bugs, how can you recommend it?