AVIC411.com

Who works at circuit city...?

Heey all, i was just wondering if anyone on the forum works at circuit city? i went there on monday and succesfully wheeled and dealed my way into trading my Avic D2 for a 900bt with an extra 300 to spare on a gift card. They didn't have the unit in currently so they said they would e-ship it to the store. Does anyone who works at CC knows how long it usually takes to get shipments in from the warehouse to the store? i called and they were like..."uhhh..eeehh..not sure" Just wondering cuz i'm pretty excited! thanks in advance!

-tosh

I have to be honest, what a weird ass question to ask someone in a forum like this. It takes like a week or two weeks if they have it, if not it will be forever and a day.

CC is dying and deals like this is exactly why they are. If you give the store away to sell one piece of product, how are you a business? I worked there in the late 90's and they were doing crap like that as well, although i have no clue how the system works now, but when you were on commision people would take 15 percent off the price, or bury the warranty in the price just to make a few extra bucks.

CC, may you rest in peace, I went there the other day for a cable modem, and i felt sorry myself. NO help, weird ass store design, it was dirty, unorganized, and a ghost town. Amazing they had the cable modem, but considering no one goes there not surprising it was in stock.

I feel sorry for cc, i really do. And I worked there for 2 years.

Good luck on that speical order, I wouldn't count on a quick and speedy order fullfillment though. Just my two cents, not that you cared.

Last place I would buy something like a thousand dollar stereo system would be from cc, did you know you get to pay a restocking fee if you need or wnat to return it? How about the fun time hasseling with customer service just for an exchange? Well good luck to you. I would rather buy it from cruchfield, they pay to ship it back, give you 30 days and no restocking fee, and its even the same price.

sounds to me like the sales person got a free d2 and he still paid money for the unit and he still had 300$ on his gift card.. lol cause u can still get the unit for a discounted price the sales people can drop the price alot aslong as the store still makes a 100$ over there cost.. so i've been told

I work at Circuit City

I can tell you that when they e-ship something it will most definately arrive within 2 weeks. Our system does NOT allow us to e-ship anything unless there sure it will arrive within that amount of time

Now as far as stores/sales people changing price, thats strictly against SOP in the company. Only managers can do price adjustments and there mostly only done when theres a huge sale being risked (ie: 2,000+ with Protection Plan(or) firedog services)

This is the ONLY time prices are adjusted, we don't let customers haggle

We do offer our 30 day price guarantee though, and also if you see the price cheaper on our website we match that.

on top of that, the reason he was able to trade something in for a gift card is because of our "Trade-In" program, NOT all stores are doing this, I know mine isn't. They use a different system than us

You can read up more on it at our website, http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=128500&cmSearchKeyword=Trade+In

Also, there NOT supposed to e-Ship items to the store, there are to ship directly to the customers door, Special Orders are to be shipped to the store, E-Ships come from another warehouse, this is why.

Hope that answers your questions

awsome thanks for the reply really appreceiate the information....pretty much the deal was they said i can the next unit available...i currently have the D2... which was the D3...but it is discontinued...then i said that the the D3 was only like 700 bucks at CC, while in the mean time i paid 1400 for my D2 like 2 years ago...(rip off yes i know but i was a young wippersnapper who had no clue about anything)...so i asked them if i could just get store credit of 1400 for the Unit. They said "yes" and i asked them to order a F900bt for me and they said no problem and viola...just waiting upon the unit to arrive...then maybe just get the same warranty with the remaning 300 or get new speakers...once again thank you for the reply and information!

...if the manager told me they E-shipped it to the store she proabably meant a "Special Order" from your reply..how long does it usually take for the "Special Order" would you say? Thanks again!!!