AVIC411.com

Need help with btb200 install

alright I have the unit hooked up to my avic d3...but when I get my phone hooked up to it(htc mogul) it doesnt give me any kind of options..It will notice my phone and i will be able to accept calls...but there is no function menu to choose...it also wont let me make calls from my d3 just accept. The only button I can push on the screen is "Voice"...........but the function menu will work with my bluetooth audio...I get a connection open dissconect and device info to choose from with the BT Audio Menu........

And if I make a call with my phone it will pick it up in the d3 and I will be able to use it then.

I NEED HELP

no, you just didnt hook it up to the parking brake or bypass it..how do you expect it to know the parking brake is up if the unit's not connected to it?

anyways, since you have to take the unit out to do either of the 2, id just bypass it...you'll be glad you did when you have to make a phone call while driving lol. to do the bypass:

take the mute wire (its the black and yellow wire on the connectors with the RCA's) and pull the wire out of its slot, and relocate it to the empty slot directly below it. then you ground that wire and the parking brake wire (light green wire on the main connector) and it will be bypassed. then you can also watch movies and do nav functions while driving as well.

PS: just be careful when pulling it out, its locked in, so use a small sharp object to release the lock (i use a pocket knife)

then your 2 options are to either get that rca harness or just connect the parking brake wire to your parking brake. personallly i think getting the rca harness is the better option, besides the ability to bypass, if you ever decide to later sell it, your chances of someone buying it without all the connectors is not very likely.

• 5 years later...

Sorry for bringing up this old thread but I have a question with the bypass.  I already have bypass my stereo to watch dvd on the go but now I just got the BTB200... does this has to be bypass as well? If so, when I got my btb200 unit from a seller it has 3 wires (red,black and yellow) and the stock pioneer wire is yellow and black.  How can I do this? 

I circled with a cyan color over the 3 wires from the btb200 on the right and the two circled on the left is from the harness to the avhp4200.  Also I'd like to add there is no fuse connected to the yellow wire (the stock has a built in fuse holder) is it ok to tap it in without the fuse?  Thanks!

7rlj92wr4weaznwfg.jpg