AVIC411.com

I Got Rid of my Key Beeps!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. I've just tried to follow the step-by-step instructions, but when I put in the SD card I get an error message and that's all. I'm in the UK and running the most recent firmware (it's 2.000xxxx). Any help? Those bloody beeps are driving me crazy.

What do you mean when you put in the Sd card? Are you starting the car with the sc card in the radio?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've had my f90bt for about a year now. Bought it new with the 2.0 update installed and have done no mods since, other than the hardware bypass. I installed it in my rx-8 and had no issues, other than slow response and the occasional locking up/glitchy nature.

I sold one of my other cars, which had an avicD3 in it, and got my wife a new (to her) truck. She wanted bluetooth and ipod control, so I took the f90bt out of my car and put in her truck, and put my old D3 into my car.

Shortly after putting it in her truck, the F90bt started acting up. A couple of times the touchscreen refused to respond until a reboot. The sound that the keys make when you push them got INSANELY loud (basically full volume) no matter what the listening level was set to.

I'd of course browse into the nav settings and turn down the system volume, which would seem to fix it until one or 2 more power cycles, then it would revert to it's loud beeping. I would then check the volume settings and they were STILL LOW but the key beep was insanely loud. I checked "off" for keys, but the beep was still there. I turned the system volume down all the way, but the key beep was still there. Some days it would be quiet, most of the time it would be ear piercing.

Today I did this hack for her and so far it seems to be stable with no menu or key beep. Hope the damn thing stays that way.

I posted this for those who say "oh, just browse to the nav menu and turn the key volume down there". Well, it didn't work for me, my system had a mind of it's own. And, for those who say "why would you want to turn off those lovely soothing beeps?". Well, now you know why.

Great mod, thanks!

I did like another user here and just created a New Folder, renamed it to "Factory WAV files" once I finally found the keyboard in the bottom right corner of the screen, then moved the 1,2,hi,low and 5 WAV files to my new folder.

I did the "Reset Factory Settings" to make sure the Voice Command still works, but I don't remember if she spoke immediately after I pressed the button or not. When I hit the VC button now, the screen comes up, but she doesn't speak until like 10 seconds and asks something like "I didn't understand". This isn't normal, correct...meaning isn't she supposed to initially ask me something like what I'd like to do? It's not a huge priority, but I'd like to have it back. There are still some beeping sounds when I enter into sub menu's...how do I get rid of those as well? I can't really think of any reason why I'd need to hear any beeps from the stereo, so should I just move ALL the .WAV files into my new folder?

• 3 months later...

Bump since I never got a reply to my Voice Command not talking until she doesn't understand me.

On a side note, are there custom 3.0 upgrades that get rid of that option all together, and maybe a CPU clocker to make the stereo boot-up and react to touches faster?