AVIC411.com

No, the DVD drive plays divx files, the SD & USB play mp4 and wma files.

First thing... which F-series unit do you have? The F700 doesn't have a DVD drive and will not play divx movies, where as the F900 and F90 does.

Also, the windows burning software is crap. Try using a dedicated burning program, like Nero, Ashampoo, Roxio, or something like that.

I'm pretty sure the encoding parameters are listed at the back of the manual. There's stuff like maximum resolution (640x480) as well as some other things, that you can't exceed.

My guess is 'Home Theater' is too high-quality, and the HU can't display it.

someone in the DivX forum answered my question, I've tested it and it works GREAT!

Maybe someone could sticky this info???

Home Theater profile is fine.

Problem is that the converter creates files with a ".divx" extension.

Only DivX Ultra certified devices will be able to play files with this extension.

However, if you rename your files with an ".avi" file extension, your device should be able to play them just fine.

I have a feeling I am doing something wrong here. I have a F90BT and I have not been able to play any divx movies off of a cd or DVD. At first I tried an xvid file but not luck. I then converted the file to mp4 and I got the same result. I then converted the xvid file to a divx file and it still will not play.

I finally got an mp4 file to play after I updated my converter software and selected “MPEG4 mp4â€.

I feel like there is a setting I am not checking that is causing my issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Well if that is the case, they aren't encoded properly. The SD card slot and DVD drive are meant to play files with different encoding. If it plays on the SD card slot, it SHOULDN'T play on the DVD drive, and the other way around as well.

As for resolution:

The F90x plays divx with up to 720x480 pixel.

Althoug the screen has a resolution of 800x480 pixel. I tried to create a movie with 800x480 and the unit refuses to play it. 720x480 runs fine. You'll have black bars left and right, though.

And I named the the files .divx and they are played fine.

-C