AVIC411.com

Progress: Blue Boxes and Contacts

As soon as I start driving it starts doing this. Its turning ok, but its ghosting. Have tried it in 2d and 3d, as well as night and day, but still the same.

Ok I am pretty sure I know what is wrong - I added an alpha channel to the compass file so it wouldn't be a'black bar' and although that looked good when staying still, it is the cause of the ghosting while the car is moving. The way it writes the compass updates to the screen, doesn't actually 'move' the image that's there, it just writes a new one in the same spot,and with the alpha channel, that meant the old stuff wasn't being removed, just added to.

I've attached a replacement file, this goes in the 800_480 directory and just overwrites the one that I sent earlier. Of course, you can make your own compass bmp with whatever colours and fonts you like. The only thing that is critical is the position of the indicators.

Cheers!

steph_1compass.bmp.zip

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ui_pioneer/ui/navigation_800_480.ui

In the last section under:

;*****************************xucheng edit****************************

Here's what I put in mine (I just reversed the fill and outline colors and it is MUCH more legible now):

Awesome, one more question. looking at the clock, what number do i change to move it up?

y z or w. I made it bigger but it overlaps the compass now so i need ot move it up some

Ok I know this is not the right area to cover this but as I was looking over the pics on the last page I noticed all of you have that annoying little DOT next to the 3D red arrow. Does anyone know what the hell that is and can we get rid of the damned thing?

The dot is your true GPS position. The arrow is the snapped-to-road position. If the snap-to-road is turned off, it would show you as being offroad somewhere.

I get that going into parking lots etc, the dot would show me actually in the parking lot while the arrow would bounce around from road to road trying to lock me to something. That's why I wanted to disable the snap-to-road thing. :)

Awesome, one more question. looking at the clock, what number do i change to move it up?

y z or w. I made it bigger but it overlaps the compass now so i need ot move it up some

x=### is the value in pixels from the left side of the screen to the left edge of the text.

y=### is the value in pixels from the top of the screen to the top edge of the text.

w=### is the width of the text in pixels (handy for centring or right-justifying)

z=### is the 'layer' to get stuff above other stuff. Higher z = more visible. Useful for putting text ontop of background graphics.

h=### is the height of the text in pixels (handy for vertical alignment)

Cheers!

edited to add: All of which means, to move the text up, make the Y number smaller.

x=### is the value in pixels from the left side of the screen to the left edge of the text.

y=### is the value in pixels from the top of the screen to the top edge of the text.

w=### is the width of the text in pixels (handy for centring or right-justifying)

z=### is the 'layer' to get stuff above other stuff. Higher z = more visible. Useful for putting text ontop of background graphics.

h=### is the height of the text in pixels (handy for vertical alignment)

Cheers!

edited to add: All of which means, to move the text up, make the Y number smaller.

Thanks, wish there was a page that just had this stuff listed

• 1 month later...

For those of you that replaced your font, did you need to make any adjustments to make it look right? Is it even possible to make adjustments? I replaced mine with Helvetica because it matches the font on my cluster very well, but it doesn't line up right in most places. At the distance to next maneuver in the top left, the text is too high and gets cut off. On the screen that comes up after you type in your destination (before you click "go here now") the two lines of the address run together. I'm sure there are other things too but i just did this a few minutes ago and noticed these two things. Do I just need to adjust the X and Y of these things?

hey stephanie,

in regards to your kill route button i think we have a snag now :( with the new 2.0 update i think they changed something in the scripts because i restored all of your files in to the new data.zip(2.0 version) The uniot boots up to the menu screen and the message please wait system booting keeps stayting there it wont dissapear. Also instead of the file being called navigate_800x480.ui it is now caled navigate map_800x480.ui

anybody else here have this problem?

• 1 month later...