AVIC411.com

N1 brain with N2 head unit problem, please help.

So I bought an n1 brain that came with the West Coast cd40mt 1.2. THe kid said it worked perfect and that it hasn't been upgraded. So then I got an n2 head unit and borrowed my friends cd40 mt east to boot up the Nav. THe deck says incorrect disk.

Does the brain store the version or the head unit? I am now thinking that I can only use the cd50mt because of the N2 head unit.

Should I attempt to flash the Avic n2 head/n1 brain with the cd 40 mt 1.2?

Thanks in advance.
I'm not positive, but I believe that the brain has really nothing to do with the software you're using on the head unit. You're most likely getting the error message because you currently have the 50M version of the software already installed on your N2.

You could either:

1) Downgrade your software to the 40M so that all you have to do is ground the parking brake wire.

- or -

2) Peel off your sticker on the N2 unit and flip that switch, plus ground the brake wire, and download/buy a set of 50M or 60M DVD's.
So, Can I just reflash the n2 head unit with the 40mt 1.2 disc in order to get the Navigation to start working so that I dont have to wait for a 50mt disc? Or will the n2 head unit not accept the flash because it is meant to run the 50mt?

Any thing I should be careful of doing / not doing when flashing the deck?

Thanks again , this is helping a lot.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]Bypassing the n2 requires soldering the 2 contacts. The n3 is the one with the switch.[/quote]

Sorry about that...I completely forgot that the switch is just on the N3. Thanks for the correction.

As for downgrading your N2. I believe that there should be no problem, but please someone verify this for me who has actually downgraded an N2.
Did NOT work. I ran thru the process of flashing it, Then reset the deck and it wouldn't take me past the first boot screen where it checks the system. It would just keep resetting itself without me touching it. So I went and looked at the versions and a couple went to 1.02 and the others said like 4.00 and some other numbers. I am now in search of the 50 mt disc in hopes it will help.
[quote name="kaotic3"]looks like I'm a day late... but ya you can not downgrade the N2 to use the 40 software and the east coast torrent that is posted here for the 60 software is junk -Doesn't work.. but the west coast works[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up about not being able to downgrade the N2.

The East Coast torrent does work, however. I can confirm this since it's the same one that I'm using in my unit right now.
ok, so if I install the 60 disc then it must work b/c its the newest. now I do not know if my head unit is soldered or not, it looked like it was when I looked under the sticker. Is there any reason why I should go to the 60 instead of the 50? Does it change anything that is just better on the 50 version? Ideally, I want to be able to do nav functions and video while driving. Is this possible when upgrading to the 60?

When/ if I do install the 60, is it an automatic reset and upload?

For whoever is interested, I wrote down some numbers that I took off of the test screen.
1. System boot version 2.00
2. System OS version 1.02
3. GPS prog version 4.00
4. application version 1.020400
5. language data ver. 2.000057
6. Sound data version NG
7. SYSCOM version 8.01

Thanks
if you or someone else did the bypass then you can view navi/dvds while driving with the 50 or 60 software.

If you go with the 60 software the look is a little different than the 50 software + updated maps that's it.

all you do is pop in the 60 software and it's all automatic.

I'm also running an N2 head unit with an N1 brain + west N3 software. I'll be running my 50 software until I see new links for the east coast.

Good luck

btw I downloaded the east coast again last night... and guess what... alcohol still can't read it... I did the same steps as the west coast and the west worked great.

:roll:
You may be getting read/write permission errors, correct? I had the same problem, but I thought it was only with my computer. What you have to do is go into the properties of the file and click the security tab and add "Administrator" as the owner for the file. After this, you will then be able to read/write the file without a problem via Alcohol.