AVIC411.com

F900 iPod connection failed

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its happened to me a couple of times along with some bluetooth instability. Just part of the overall instability of the F series os. There's still work that needs to be done on these units. There is a rumored Update 2 coming out so lets hope this stuff is addressed then.

Mine started doing this as well with a 5th gen 30gb. Also i started receiving static in my sound and low volume. Anyone else notice this or should i start a new thread?

same here. I called Pioneer and gave them detailed descriptions of the problems. They for some reason they sounded surprised on the other end of the phone. Their solution was assanine. I was told there was no plans for a second update and I would have to send my unit out for repair and go back to my factory stereo until they can figure out the problems, with no time frame for getting back the unit. BS

I called Cruthcfield and they sent me a new unit, at least one company knows about customer service.

Well i think i got my static worked out. I used a friends 6th gen nano and noticed the connector fully connected with his unit. on my 5G it was a little loose and i could wiggle it. So i just started wiggleing it in then it locked into place. Hopefully that does the trick.

When I first installed my unit, I was using my 4GB 3rd generation nano with no problems whatsoever. A couple of days ago, I started using my 30GB video (5th generation), and have had numerous disconnects. I'm not sure what the difference is between the iPods, but the nano definitely works better than the video.

I get a failed connection at least once a day.

im with you.. MIN of once a day... which has become more like several times a day

since i'm in and out of my truck a few times a day (work and personal truck all in one)

it doesn't matter if i'm using the ipod or not, the error just shows up regularly.

I'm using the Pioneer cable. I forgot to mention. Aside from it failing, I leave my iPod in the car, unless I bring it with me to work, and if it stays in the car, the unit doesn't even reconize it unless it unplug/plug it back in. Does anybody else have the problem? I'm using an 80 gig video

I'm using a 60gb video 5th gen

I'm using the Pioneer cable. I forgot to mention. Aside from it failing, I leave my iPod in the car, unless I bring it with me to work, and if it stays in the car, the unit doesn't even reconize it unless it unplug/plug it back in. Does anybody else have the problem? I'm using an 80 gig video

i leave mine in the truck all the time, just like a hard drive. only time i remove it is to reload the music or see if there is an update avail.

i have the 30g video..

mine doesn't usually fail first start of the day, just the rest of the day almost everytime i use the truck .. and the start of the day, is a 60% working, rest is fail