AVIC411.com

F900 iPod connection failed

Is there an actual message that pops up on the screen, to say Ipod failed? My Ipod cuts out daily, multiple times daily, but I never get any error message. The Ipod icon switches back to the USB icon. Unplugging it doesn't reset it everytime either.

Sometimes if I look at the Ipod wrong it will shut down too... :roll:

I am using an 8GB Nano.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This unit is pissing me off... retail of 1200??? (90bt) and the ipod disconnects constantly, takes a rediculously long time to boot up and doesn't pair up with my samsung u550. Whats the point in having this unit if it does NOTHING they are advertising!. If Pioneer doesn't come up with a solution for these obvious design flaws I will return this unit and vow never to buy a pioneer product again.. What a joke.

Wyatt

I agree this unit is a poor poor excuse for a product and we need to file a class action lawsuit against Pioneer for this thing. I find more and more wrong with it everyday.

Now I got the IPOD CONNECTION FAILED notice. I thought i was going to get away with not having that problem but it happened twice yesterday.

Just thought I'd share my experiences. I've had my 700BT for about a month now. I installed it with the pioneer cable. I had continuous dropouts with my Nano. Everytime I'd start my vehicle it'd play for a minute or 2 then drop. My iPhone would also drop out but with a lot less frequency.

After 2 weeks of that, I came across my Apple composite cable in a drawer. I bought this cable a while ago and had never used it. I decided to try it in my Xterra to see if it worked, mostly because the design of the pioneer ipod cable is terrible (aesthetically speaking). But what I've noticed in the 2 weeks since I installed the actual ipod cable is that I haven't had any more dropouts. Maybe this is purely coincidence, maybe it does have something to do with the cable. I'll add that I don't drive my Xterra daily but when I do I make sure to notice things like this. Hopefully it works perfectly like this in the long term.

well i'm glad to see that i'm not the only one having this problem. i too struggle with the ipod disconnection daily. although, i've never seen the ipod disconnection come up on my screen. it just shuts off in between or during songs and the screen goes blank. if i look at my av selection the ipod icon is gone and a greyed out usb icon is in it's place.

i've been to best buy installers multiple times and had the cord replaced and that didn't make a difference. i just bought the apple cord and after reading this i don't think it will make an ounce of difference. i went to the apple store and the tech told to wipe the ipod clean by restoring it and loading it back up. he said the files on the ipod can become corrupt and that will fix it. it worked good for 2 days and then the same problem again.

basically i've done everything i possibly can do to solve the problem and have limited it down to being a pioneer software issue. i am using a 3 month old ipod 160 gig classic with about 60 gigs being used. i have the f900bt also, about a month old.

i have spent so much time and money on this unit it makes me sick. i love what it has to offer but pioneer needs to come out with some software upgrades and patches yesterday. i agree all of us should be calling their techs and bitching so something gets done cuz it sounds like they have no clue.

• 3 months later...
I agree this unit is a poor poor excuse for a product and we need to file a class action lawsuit against Pioneer for this thing. I find more and more wrong with it everyday.

x2 it's annoying as h3ll. my nano disconnects numerous times a day too :shock:

If anyone actually starts that lawsuit I'd be more than happy to sign it and what not

My f90 sometime does this. Well sorta sometime while switching through av sources or something the ipod will grey out and show a usb instead of the ipod so I have to open my glove box and unplug and replug the usb and the ipod cord but only happens sometimes
I had that happen a handful of times the last 6 months, and it always went away with a quick reconnect. No such luck with this damned "iPod connection failed" mssg b/s

I have had almost the same issues everyone is speaking about here, but I don't get the message about the ipod connection failing - When my ipod drops off, it actually turns the head unit to the Off setting. It doesn't reboot or shut down the unit, just turns off the AV function. Everything else works great on this unit.

After reading up on this issue, I went out and bought the $50 Apple branded cable, and it behaves exactly like the Pioneer cable did. Pioneer support said I needed a new cable... BS

I have tried with an 8gb Nano and my iPhone 3G, and both give the same results. Sometimes it will work for an hour or more and sometimes for just a few seconds. It also usually reconnects without me doing anything if I wait, but a manual unplug/replug of either the iPod connector or the USB connector will also reconnect it.

It acts like a power drop in the USB slot in my opinion. I've seen other devices flake out when connected to PC's that had USB ports that were not in the power tolerance.

Anyone else have the unit turn off?

Same story... F90BT, icon on occasion shows as USB rather than iPod, unplug/plug back in and it *usually* reappears. I recall this usually happening upon startup though it might occur when switching through sources as well. I only drive the car with the F90 once every few weeks so will have to pay closer attention and update this post. iPod in question is 5th gen 30G and spends 99% of the time left connected in the car.

wolfbak i have the exact same issue as you. I have the f90bt using the pioneer cable that came with it and i have the 5th gen 80gb ipod video. obviously i just leave it in my glove box and when i start up it goes to the off screen on the HU and i have to unplug/replug the cable into the ipod to get it to notice it again. very frustrating...someone said try turning off the VR update, ill try it in the morning. hopefully we can fix this issue out