AVIC411.com

F900 iPod connection failed

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the pioneer ipod cable is junk. there was an engineerproblem with it. swap it out for the componet ipod video cable from apple. same price. it will allow video also with iphone and touch cause it has the proper chip in it. make sue you get the one that has the usb connection.

This isn't true. I bought the Apple composite cable and got the exact same results as the Pioneer. When I use the Pioneer cable I can get video from the iphone just fine - it just won'y stay connected with either cable.

ihone 3g is 5volt connect which pioneer supports. i talked with pioneer today and there getting ready to do a software update again. i talk with the tech in japan at least every other month. 3.0 is comming. fixes some bt issues and the ipod problem.

Thanks very much for that information. I was beginning to think I might have a bad unit. I'll be looking for that update for sure!

I have a F700 and a 5g ipod. I went cheap and order a generic composite cable that claimed to have the chip support for all ipods. Well, it did connect and would transfer the info, music and even videos. But, I had a lot of problems with getting it to connect. The ipod would show a large check mark and ok to disconnect. Unplugging and plugging it back in multiple time would fix it and it tended to stay connected until the car was turned off. Then I had to go through it all over again the next time I started the car. It also wouldn't completely disconnect. So, if I left my ipdo in the car overnight, the battery would be dead the next day. After 2 weeks of use, I also lost the left audio channel through the ipod. I bought the cable from meritline.

I replaced the cable with one made by Rocket Fish. It is a nice cable. The connection is VERY solid at the ipod and I haven't had any issues with my ipod connection to the avic anymore. I don't know about the pioneer cable, but it looks to be about the same quality as the generic cable I was using.

Just my experience, but the new cable saved me a lot of headaches. Cheaper than apple and good quality construction.

I too have been having this problem ever since I got my new iPod Nano 16GB for Xmas. It works about 1/2 the time. As long as I don't touch ANY buttons on the HU until it is fully booted up, it seems to ok...usually.

Then I unplug the USB or the iPod connector for anywhere from 20 sec to 10 minutes, and it reconnects.

I am in and out of my truck all day long...this is very annoying.

Please keep us updated about the software update for sure. Thanks!!

my ipod nano has stopped working with my UK 900bt - have tried unplugging and replugging makes no difference - checked the av and it's set to ipod

i suppose the lead could have come loose from the back of the unit - any ideas please?

or it'll have to go back to the fitter :roll: