AVIC411.com

Dumb question - lower case?

The Pioneer manual is pretty useless although I did go through it before posting here. Does anyone know if you can type in lower case when adding contacts into the Address Book?

I CAN'T STAND ALL UPPER CASE!

It's even more annoying if you transfer contacts from your phone, which has them in normal mixed case, and then you have to edit something.

Does anyone know how to get lower case when typing on the Z1?
Something else to add to the list of whyners?
The Z1 Blows away everything in the Navi market Bar-None. Try using the Escalade factory Nav. It tells you about your destination after you've gone by. Sony couldn't compete and dropped out. Just when you think your favorite name brands comes out with the piece you were hoping for Pioneer will have another new generation of product out. Everyone else will follow, while Pioneer will be the leader.
Pioneer as a brand outsells every other car audio manufacturer 4 to 1. Do the math.....That's more than any three other manufacturers combined. If the Z1 was to do everything that people whyne about it doesn't do it would cost over 5k. Would it sell then?
For those of you that bought a Z1 and think you design it better, why don't you wip out your electronics engineering degree, start soucing parts and lets see what you can design. I can guarantee, it won't be anywhere near the price/quality/features of the Z1. :shock:
[quote name="Wellknown-n-da-biz"]Something else to add to the list of whyners? The Z1 Blows away everything in the Navi market Bar-None.[/quote]
Spoken like either someone who has never used another GPS or a Pioneer employee. I've used Garmin, Navman, and Alpine and from a pure navigation point of view the Z1 doesn't come close.

[quote name="Wellknown-n-da-biz"] If the Z1 was to do everything that people whyne about it doesn't do it would cost over 5k. Would it sell then?
[/quote]
Actually most, if not all, the complaints people have about the Z1 are software or policy issues. Pioneer doesn't support MP3's on the hard drive because they choose not to for DMCA reasons. Supporting lower case is a trivial software addition. All the navigation chipsets from all the major vendors have all the same features, so again it's Pioneer making decisions on what software features to add. Adding these features in software wouldn't increase the cost of the unit.

Overall I personally really like the Z1. That's why is annoys me so much that for $2250 they cut so many small corners.
[quote name="ufd108"]Adding these features in software wouldn't increase the cost of the unit.

[/quote]

Actually software feature do cost money. Been to a computer store lately. Operating systems cost different, some are even free. Software that does basically the same thing costs different because of features. You might not know, but programing in any language is a difficult task, which involves hundereds of hours of planning and hundreds of hours of coding.

I know the OS of the Z1 is windows but i dont know if pioneer has another company write the software specific for their units. If thats the case, every little feature, such as lowercase letters, will make pioneer have a heart attack and then they will transfer the costs onto you the consumer.

Oh and by the way adding lowercase letters isnt that simple in a confined OS such as Windows Mobile or any other OS operating with extremely difficult physical resources. It will take many lines of code, and graphics, and will cost $$$!

And i agree with you, that would be a nice feature, and many others as well, but I completely dissagree with your statement above, that software is free or cheap.