AVIC411.com

i dont have any duplicate entries. 310 unique entries, most of which have two or more numbers per entry (work, cell, home, etc).

my address book syncs with my outlook contacts; i dont assume that to be an issue?

it started out for the first week working fine. but now, it does the connect/disconnect thing... help!

Well I had one entry for:

Stephanie

and another for

Stephanie

Both had different phone numbers. I removed the second one and it worked!

Since you sync it, empty out the whole thing and try again.

... but i didnt have any entries of the same name. all my entries have unique first+last name combinations. so, there's nothing for me to delete.

what do you mean by "empty out the whole thing"?

(btw, thanks in advance for your help and patience)

Well, so long as you have a back up of your address book, delete all the entries ont he phone and see if it helps.

i dont have any duplicate entries. 310 unique entries, most of which have two or more numbers per entry (work, cell, home, etc).

my address book syncs with my outlook contacts; i dont assume that to be an issue?

it started out for the first week working fine. but now, it does the connect/disconnect thing... help!

Your challenge may be the amount of entries you have. Doesn't the F900 only support a maximum of 300 addresses?

is there a cap to the number of entries? i have an F90, not F900. i dont even really care about transferring my address book at this point. in fact, i set "address book transfer" under "options" for my avic device on my blackberry to "disabled".

i deleted all my address book entries on my phone, and turned off "wireless synchronization" under "address book options" on my blackberry and it was able to stay connected for 15 minutes or so.

i then turned "wireless synchronization" back on... my address book was repopulated with entries from my outlook and then the connect/disconnect started to happen again.

this is frustrating. any suggestions?

I went and deleted any duplicate entries in my phone book and turned off encryption on my curve (8810) and it works like a champ now on my F90BT.

It was doing the whole connection failed BS until I did that. Finally I think I have everything fixed on the AVIC wanted to throw it out havoc that it was in the beginning!

Went through everyone's responses and tried EVERY ONE of them. here's a list of what I did:

Deleted duplicate entries

deleted entries with any symbols or numbers

turned off encryption

address book transfer to: categories: personal/business

put all contacts in the personal category

only have 170 contacts

deleted BT profiles off the f90bt and bb8320. I even reset the unit

paired up and had phone search for f90bt, connect via phone

It paired up and transfered phone book fine a couple of times but when i disconnect, as in turn off f90bt and come back the next morning it will connect and disconnect after 10 sec.

Anyone have a diagnosis or resolution??? I would really hate to swap this out for something else.