AVIC411.com

Guide to .bmp files inside the Flash Disk

well, i been at it and still cant get this thing to work. i boot it up and all i see is text and nothing but black (maps shows perfectly fine). WTH am i doing wrong? i have a saved folder thats a complete UNTOUCHED backup of my "MYFLASH" and i copied the IMAGE.res from there to another folder to test. i edited a BMP in photoshop, re-7zipped the file. . . nope, tried again with another copy made from the unmodified file, this time edited a BMP with Paint, re-7zipped. . . .still nothing (and yes i am changing the extension from .7z to .res and im saving the files as 24-bit BMPs. . .wtf am i doing wrong?. . . .

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Create a new text document and call it "Launch Pioneer VM in 800x480.bat". Make sure you have show file extensions enabled in Windows.

3. Paste the information below into the batch file and save it.

Code:

"C:\program files\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0\DeviceEmulator.exe" "C:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\PocketPC\DeviceEmulation\0409\PPC_USA.bin" /memsize 256 /s "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 MSFP Emulator Images\pocketpc.dess" /tooltips ON /video 800x480x16 /vmname "Pioneer Emulator"

I have made batch files before and don't normally have quotes. Do I need to remove any? I also don't have the pocketpc.dess and I had to change DeviceEmulation to DeviceEmulationv61

• 7 months later...

Help!!!

I just modified and moved the new image.res folder to my apl folder in testmode.

Now when I restart, i stays on the splash screen, any suggestions?

I also messed up when I overwritten my image.res file in my backup on the computer when i was trying to do the mods on the emulator. I took the image.res folder that was posted from this thread. maybe because it was from a f-series?

I have a x910, could it be that I need the original image.res from this unit to bring it back to life?

Thanks,

Rock

**EDIT**

Never mind fellas, found it. Thanks,

Rock

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know where I can locate the .ui file that handles the placement of the "currently playing" images like the little green music note, grey play button and background image bar that is located at the bottom of the navigation screen between the current street name and the ipod/fm/cd icon?

I know the green music note is 746_32K_OM-027_32b.bmp and the small grey play button is 746_32K_OM-029_32b.bmp. I just can't find them in the .ui files.

I'm trying to move them down a few pixels because I don't like that small strip of map that shows below it.

Does anyone know where I can locate the .ui file that handles the placement of the "currently playing" images like the little green music note, grey play button and background image bar that is located at the bottom of the navigation screen between the current street name and the ipod/fm/cd icon?

I know the green music note is 746_32K_OM-027_32b.bmp and the small grey play button is 746_32K_OM-029_32b.bmp. I just can't find them in the .ui files.

I'm trying to move them down a few pixels because I don't like that small strip of map that shows below it.

Multimedia is handled by Pioneer's own software, not by iGO, so реуку are no UI files for those, IIRC.

• 1 year later...