AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Replace Red Arrow With Car Image

Have now ammended the size of the 3d car by making the following changes to sys.txt

[map]

3dcarsizemin=1750

3dcarsizemax=2500

3dcarsizemul=15000

;3dcarsizemin=3500

;3dcarsizemax=5000

;3dcarsizemul=30000

Will now test tomorrow to see if there are any problems.

Colin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I'm looking for something like this... I really like the simulated headlamps from the night car[attachment=1]day.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]night.jpg[/attachment]

That would be neat to have headlights.

My Q is this, what is the difference between adding the truck bmp that keeper22 has on this thread and the 3d icons IDT added on his thread that are tex and mdl extensions?

I'm looking for something like this... I really like the simulated headlamps from the night car[attachment=1]day.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]night.jpg[/attachment]

That would be neat to have headlights.

My Q is this, what is the difference between adding the truck bmp that keeper22 has on this thread and the 3d icons IDT added on his thread that are tex and mdl extensions?

what keeper originally had was just a picture pasted on top of the map (so it only shows the rear of the car the whole time even when turning) whereas the 3D cars are are actual 3D models that rotate when turning

Ok, so just who can create the mdl files.... I would kill for a Red RX-8 car set! ;)

Check out www.i-go8.com <- there was a large collection of 3D cars posted there recently. Not sure about RX-8 specifically though.

As far as I know, the only people who can make proper MDL files are NavNGo themselves, and one guy in Russia who can convert to MDL.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would really appreciate it if someone could preform a detailed background removal of the attached image of my car. My photoshop skills are mediocre at best and I simply did not have what it takes to skillfully delete the background...even with following the detailed instructions.

Thanks in advance.

JD

post-1672-12872761122453_thumb.jpg

I would really appreciate it if someone could preform a detailed background removal of the attached image of my car. My photoshop skills are mediocre at best and I simply did not have what it takes to skillfully delete the background...even with following the detailed instructions.

Thanks in advance.

JD

[attachment=0]DSC_0146.jpg[/attachment]

Anyone

Hi did you manage to do this ? Which files did you replace for this and did you make an transparent .gif for it or something ?

• 5 months later...