AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Replace Red Arrow With Car Image

Please Note: This Howto assumes the following:

1) You know how to get into Testmode

2) You know how to navigate folders, copy and paste, in Windows CE

3) This HOWTO is based in part on information found at this blog post and on the knowledge presented by other contributors here on these forums.

4) With the exception of copying/pasting files, all editing of files will be done on your desktop/laptop computer, *not* the nav unit directly.

5) I will include a copy of my complete data.zip file at the end of this post, you may use it as a basis for your own work, you may edit it to your purposes, or you may use it as-is. If you use it as-is, you will need to place the correct font files in the correct directory. See the readme that accompanies it.

This is for educational purposes only and I assume no liability or responsibility if you cause damage to your Navi unit by following these directions.

-----------

Step 1: Make a backup of your existing data.zip file and your sys.txt file. These are both located at My Flash DriveAPL2iGo

Step 2: Edit your sys.txt file to add the following section to the bottom:

[map]
3d_scale_carmodel=1
3dcarsizemin=30
3dcarsizemax=40
3dcarsizemul=20

Step 3: Get or create your desired bmp file(s) for the 3d view. You can use a rear-view photo of a car, you can use an arrow, you can use anything you want really. For the purpose of this howto, the file must be named car3d.bmp Further, for the purpose of this howto, it is assumed that the dimensions are 85 x 65 pixels.

Step 4: Place the car3d.bmp file into the data.zip file at this location: data.zipui_pioneer800_480

Step 5: Edit data.zipui_pioneer800_480uinavigatemap_800_480.ui to add the following lines in the very first layer section:

<SPRITE car3d x=357 y=1340 z=1000 bmp="car3d.bmp">

Step 6: Edit data.zipui_pioneercommonuinavigatemap.ui and search for the following script:

<script sc_2DMode>

At the bottom of this script, add the following line:

run 'car3d.y 1340'

(This goes directly above the "</script>" line)

Step 7: Still in the file data.zipui_pioneercommonuinavigatemap.ui search for the script

<script sc_3DMode>

At the bottom of this script, add the following line:

run 'car3d.y 340'

(This goes directly above the "</script>" line)

Step 8: Save your modified data.zip and sys.txt back to your SD card and copy them into your nav unit in the /My Flash Drive/APL2/iGo directory

Step 9: Restart and verify your nav system is displaying the correct image in the correct location.

-----------

What This Does:

* The changes to sys.txt cause the 3d red arrow to be suppressed.

* The <Sprite> that was added to navigatemap_800_480.ui places the car3d.bmp image onto your map screen. The x and y coordinates are set to properly position an 85 x 65 pixel image on the screen.

* The two lines added to navigatemap.ui cause the car3d icon to be hidden in 2d mode and visible in 3d mode by moving it on or off the screen depending on what view you are in.

What this does Not do:

* The car3d.bmp icon will not rotate or tilt, it is a fixed image that is painted ontop of the map

Caveats:

* If your image is not 85 x 65 pixels you will need to recalculate the x and y positions. The original red arrow was positioned with the point at x=400 and y=360. It is a minor bit of math to figure out the x and y for any size bmp file. Just remember you are figuring out the x and y for the top left corner of the bmp, in order to make it centered at 400x360.

* If you use my data.zip file as-is please do read the readme.txt which is included in it. My data.zip does a lot more than what is covered by this howto.

* I am happy to help where I can, but in general terms, I prefer to share knowledge and help people learn to help themselves, therefore I will not make a custom data.zip for you. Sorry.

My most recent data.zip can be downloaded here: <!-- m -->http://www.felesmagus.com/stuff/steph_data.zip<!-- m -->

(Unzip that file to get the readme and the actual data.zip)

Cheers!

Edited to fix typos!

sry it wasnt showing without replying :S

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...