AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Replace Red Arrow With Car Image

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just made this image for my 350z! Just rezize to h 85 x W 82 and save as a .bmp

All done with MS Paint and MS Picture manager, not the best tools but good enough.

EDIT: The above apps aren't actually good enough, ok for creating the image but not for getting into the correct format!

[attachment=1]350z_JPEG.jpg[/attachment]

Made it up from this in case anyone fancies a silver one...

[attachment=0]top 350z.jpg[/attachment]

I've just made this image for my 350z! Just rezize to h 85 x W 82 and save as a .bmp

All done with MS Paint and MS Picture manager, not the best tools but good enough.

[attachment=1]350z_JPEG.jpg[/attachment]

Made it up from this in case anyone fancies a silver one...

[attachment=0]top 350z.jpg[/attachment]

Have got those working on your unit?

Just been out to take a quick snap shot, too cold to hang around outside though. Blanked out the name of my street....not that I'm paranoid or anything :)

Here it is, bit blurry but best I can do at the mo:

350zIconsV2.zip[/attachment]

Yes, I know I'm a saddo :wink:

Oh also ritu_o0o, thanks for letting me know about Gimp, managed to get hold of Photoshop though.

I'll cut out the car real good for ya if you would help me on replacing my arrow later? 8) Just tell me how the image has to be saved.

I think creating the image and saving it in the correct format is the hardest bit, getting it onto the Avic is easy. The image needs to be saved in a bitmap format but it has to have the alpha channel as described on the first page.

Without this the system will just keep crashing, I tried it. I think I may have done something different to skicrave as on the alpha channel I created, it's the background that has the colour '#cacaca', not the car! But it seems to work so must be ok.

Not sure I need the image cutting out any better than it is already as once it's down to 85 pixels square, those small imperfections can't be seen, but thanks anyway. So are you a 350 owner too? or just fancy something different to the boring triangle?

Oh also ritu_o0o, thanks for letting me know about Gimp, managed to get hold of Photoshop though.

I'll cut out the car real good for ya if you would help me on replacing my arrow later? 8) Just tell me how the image has to be saved.

I think creating the image and saving it in the correct format is the hardest bit, getting it onto the Avic is easy. The image needs to be saved in a bitmap format but it has to have the alpha channel as described on the first page.

Without this the system will just keep crashing, I tried it. I think I may have done something different to skicrave as on the alpha channel I created, it's the background that has the colour '#cacaca', not the car! But it seems to work so must be ok.

Not sure I need the image cutting out any better than it is already as once it's down to 85 pixels square, those small imperfections can't be seen, but thanks anyway. So are you a 350 owner too? or just fancy something different to the boring triangle?

Hi klanbo can you tell me what I must do to change the arrow into car in 3d

Hi klanbo can you tell me what I must do to change the arrow into car in 3d

here you go http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17490&start=45#p116696

Would someone mind seeing if this is correct?

It wouldn't let me upload here, so let me know if you can get it from here.

http://cid-64adac3178072c9f.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Mustang?authkey=RVa2OSWiJMM%24

Also, two questions that probably are not related.

1.) is there a day and a night for the 3d car???

2.) I've seen mention that you can modify the tilt angle of the 3d map. Can you go as far as ground level as if you were looking at the car from behind?

TIA