AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Replace Red Arrow With Car Image

Hey I pm'd you back.

I had the reboot problem too. I think it has to do with the way I zipped the file back. I never did find the Proper way to zip the data file backup. I tried 7-zip and windows default zip and basically had the same issue as you. Maybe someone can go over the proper way to zip things up such as compression ratio.

Anyways, congrats on getting it to work.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here is probably an easy one for someone... I now have the picture of my truck working but there are two problems.

1) when I hit my clock it brings up the address/house numbers under the truck... the truck is sitting too "low" and needs to be raised some so that the numbers appear under it

2) when I drive across a street it is crossing the road at the front of my truck (where the point of the arrow used to be).

Basically, I'd like to raise the truck by the width of my house numbers. Which value to I raise? I noticed something different in the navigate.ui file from the 800x480.ui file.

Thx.

Using the instructiopns in this post exactly, I made my car. It looks great. BUT - my car is grey... and because of the alpha channel, my car is opaque! I can see through it to the road below...

How do I add the alpha channel to allow for the transparency, but make my car solid and not see through? Does the car have to not be grey? How do I make just the background clear?

• 1 month later...

Ok guys, I'm a little confused about something here. I've read this thread a hundred times and still can't quit figure this out. I am using IDT's latest killer mod. I have replaced the little red car with a picture of my own which is gray, BTW, and is semi-transparent here too. Anyways, no problem there. But in this mod, with the horizon tilted, 2d looks like 3d and 3d looks like 2d. So, the little car image appears on the straight down, 3d view, but the top of this thread talks about adding the car to the 2d view. I have a picture of the rear of my car I'd like to show up on my tilted 2d screen but according to this thread it should be there already. I hope this makes sense. What am I missing here.

Ok guys, I'm a little confused about something here. I've read this thread a hundred times and still can't quit figure this out. I am using IDT's latest killer mod. I have replaced the little red car with a picture of my own which is gray, BTW, and is semi-transparent here too. Anyways, no problem there. But in this mod, with the horizon tilted, 2d looks like 3d and 3d looks like 2d. So, the little car image appears on the straight down, 3d view, but the top of this thread talks about adding the car to the 2d view. I have a picture of the rear of my car I'd like to show up on my tilted 2d screen but according to this thread it should be there already. I hope this makes sense. What am I missing here.

you got it all all wrong, the "tilted 2D" that you're talking about is the actual 3D,

• 2 weeks later...

I followed the steps here with my F7010BT (same as F700BT), using the arrow in the post:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17490&start=30#p116640

Copied to Data\ui_pioneer\common inside my data.zip file as there is not a folder in my Data.zip file called "DATA/pioneer_ui/common/"

I renamed the images as instructed:

daycar.bmp

nightcar.bmp

Confirmed they are in the Data.zip file and it is compressed.

everything works perfectly except the arrow is not changed....

Any hints on what I am doing wrong?

BUMP... anyone?

I followed the steps here with my F7010BT (same as F700BT), using the arrow in the post:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17490&start=30#p116640

Copied to Data\ui_pioneer\common inside my data.zip file as there is not a folder in my Data.zip file called "DATA/pioneer_ui/common/"

I renamed the images as instructed:

daycar.bmp

nightcar.bmp

Confirmed they are in the Data.zip file and it is compressed.

everything works perfectly except the arrow is not changed....

Any hints on what I am doing wrong?

Could someone please make an image below to daycar and nightcar for me(not 3d)???

I tried myself and as soon when the system loads and I press map the unit reboots each time :cry:

Its a photoshop file with daycar and nightcar layers that I would like to use :mrgreen: .

If anyone could do it for me it would be awesome! 8)

Thanks in advance,

Stan

MyArrow.zip

Could someone please make an image below to daycar and nightcar for me(not 3d)???

I tried myself and as soon when the system loads and I press map the unit reboots each time :cry:

Its a photoshop file with daycar and nightcar layers that I would like to use :mrgreen: .

If anyone could do it for me it would be awesome! 8)

Thanks in advance,

Stan

ok try this, let me know how it goes, probably post a pic of it

car.zip