AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Replace Red Arrow With Car Image

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a test run and it works perfect, but its kinda too bright imo. I couldnt take a pic because my camera died on me :(.

As soon as I get a chance I will snap few of them :)

How did you manage to get em done IDT?

I tried with white background, black, none neither worked :(

Cheers,

Stan

Had a test run and it works perfect, but its kinda too bright imo. I couldnt take a pic because my camera died on me :(.

Cheers,

Stan

i just used PS

Cheers,

Stan

I cannot figure out why mine wont display the daycar.bmp or nightcar.bmp I inserted in them. They are in the right folder, etc. Mind letting me take a look at your data.zip file to compare? I have also attached the BMP files, would be INCREDIBLE if anyone could see if there is a problem with or point me in the right direction..

daycar-nightcar.zip

If IDT managed to do it I must get it too :)

I'm sure I am making a mistake somewhere.

Do you have to save them as 16bit 24bit 32bit?

I only tried 24bit in mine. Also do you have to leave transparent background?

Cheers,

stm

ok, here's a step by step,

i downloaded your file

opened it with PS CS4

trimmed the image

deleted other layer (deleted layer #2 to create daycar, and vice versa)

loaded selection and added channel

added a background layer

saved it,

i think i have it saved to 32k and i don't think it matters on how bits you have it saved,

let me know how it goes

OK, finally got it to work in 3D mode. Figured out that the BMP has to be 32 bit and 85*85 pixels. Now if I can only follow the instructions to get it to work in 2D mode......

you got it working on 3d and not in 2d? or what you're referring to as 3d is the actual 2d? anyways, glad you got it working

OK, finally got it to work in 3D mode. Figured out that the BMP has to be 32 bit and 85*85 pixels. Now if I can only follow the instructions to get it to work in 2D mode......

you got it working on 3d and not in 2d? or what you're referring to as 3d is the actual 2d? anyways, glad you got it working

YES, got it working in 3D (THREE D) not 2D (TWO D). Weird I know... Tap the icon on my nav screen when it says "3D" and it changes to the mode (saying all this to make sure I am not crazy!) where the arrow is relative to North on the compass not where the nose of the car is going. When I tap the icon when in this mode that has the text "2D" the display changes to the display where the arrow is pointed ahead toward the nose of the vehicle regardless of where you are driving relative to North on the compass.

After tapping "2D" it shows the original arrow. When it shows 3D and I tap it the arrow I changed it to is displayed.

Am I missing something?

YES, got it working in 3D (THREE D) not 2D (TWO D). Weird I know... Tap the icon on my nav screen when it says "3D" and it changes to the mode (saying all this to make sure I am not crazy!) where the arrow is relative to North on the compass not where the nose of the car is going. When I tap the icon when in this mode that has the text "2D" the display changes to the display where the arrow is pointed ahead toward the nose of the vehicle regardless of where you are driving relative to North on the compass.

After tapping "2D" it shows the original arrow. When it shows 3D and I tap it the arrow I changed it to is displayed.

Am I missing something?

now you got me all condused, could you post pics,

now you got me all condused, could you post pics,

Unable to get screen shots... let me try again...

Mode A

- When in the display mode where you have the ability to change the angle of the map there is an icon which says "2D". When driving the arrow always points forward with the nose of the vehicle as you drive, regardless of what direction (*East, North, South, West) you are driving. In this mode the arrow I put in the data.zip file DOES NOT show, i.e. uses original Pioneer arrow

Mode B

- When in the display mode where you DO NOT have the ability to change the angle of the map there is an icon which says "3D". When driving the arrow DOES NOT point forward with the nose of the vehicle. i.e the map does not rotate as you drive, the arrow does and thus the arrow does not stay pointed forward with the nose of the vehicle as you drive. In this mode the arrow I put in the data.zip file DOES show.

So the questions are:

1. Which mode is 3d and which is 2d? I MUCH prefer "mode A" above

2. For 'mode A' how to get my arrow to display? Tried the stuff on the 4th page to no avail...

Mode A

- When in the display mode where you have the ability to change the angle of the map there is an icon which says "2D". When driving the arrow always points forward with the nose of the vehicle as you drive, regardless of what direction (*East, North, South, West) you are driving. In this mode the arrow I put in the data.zip file DOES NOT show, i.e. uses original Pioneer arrow

Mode B

- When in the display mode where you DO NOT have the ability to change the angle of the map there is an icon which says "3D". When driving the arrow DOES NOT point forward with the nose of the vehicle. i.e the map does not rotate as you drive, the arrow does and thus the arrow does not stay pointed forward with the nose of the vehicle as you drive. In this mode the arrow I put in the data.zip file DOES show.

Mode A is 3D. Pressing the button that says '2D" switches you to 2D mode. Pressing the button that says "3D" takes you back to 3D mode.

Mode A

Mode B

Mode A is 3D. Pressing the button that says '2D" switches you to 2D mode. Pressing the button that says "3D" takes you back to 3D mode.

DOH! Thanks... Now if I could only get the mode I prefer to display the arrow I want it to... :P

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to replace the 3d car image?

I found a car image in mdl and tex formats, albeit not quite the same size, called 216car.

I changed the names to car and loaded in the correct folder, but when I switched to 3d mode I got an error, it couldn't load 216car.mdl.

Has anyone any thoughts?

Thanks

Colin

I have sort of answered my own question. By loading the same car files but with the original names i.e. 216 in the same folder, it worked and even tilted. However the car is a bloated shape, so back to the drawing board either to find an alternative mdl file of the correct size, or a way to edit the mdl file.

Colin