AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Replace Red Arrow With Car Image

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Works for me.

I'll try making the change to the sys.txt again... and see what happens.. I had to delete that file and let the unit rebuild it to get it running again.

I've gotten the 3d arrow to disappear but can't get my static image to display.

Uploaded a copy of my sys.txt... every time I put this on the avic it just sits on the starting up message that never goes away.

sys.txt

Sounds like you made a typo in the changes. Check that the correct syntax is used (that you're not missing a closing quote for example).

If you have a text editor with syntax highlighting this is much easier, otherwise just read through it and make sure you didn't miss something. It's touch to debug on these units because you don't get any errors, things just don't work.

Did it over again and it worked fine, so I think you're right-- syntax error somewhere.

In any case, whenever I drag around the map, the 3d car stays with me. Normally you could drag around and the cursor would stay in place. Is this because this is just a static image placed in that location now?

Yep, that's exactly it. We don't know how to edit the .spr files that Pioneer uses for the arrow, so instead we just pin a 2D image in the correct place on the screen. That's also why when you pan and tilt the car doesn't change like the arrow does.

It's a low tech approach that works most of the time.