AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Blue Box Fix

What problems are you currently having with this mod? There was a discrepancy between the data file I posted and the manual edit instructions. The manual instructions were correct, the data.zip was not.

I can send you my current file, it has the delete route modification added, and the remove boxes mod functions correctly on it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No problem, if the option 2 instructions were correct from the beginning then no need to send file. At first I did download your data.zip but I was unable to edit any of the files for some reason. This became evident once I attempted to do the delete route mod. The solution was the option 2 manual edit of the files. All is well now.

I think the arrow loses on mine anyway sometimes, i just press "map" and everything returns.

This may be noobish but, when you say install in the directory do you mean: take zip file and unzip it in that folder or should i unzip on computer and put unzipped files in that folder?

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but I had reports from some members that it worked fine before the modification, which is what led me to believe it was a bug on Pioneer's part. Let me know if you encounter the same issue with this data.zip file, and if pressing map fixes it (my custom data.zip I'm using does not exhibit this trait at all).

data.zip always stays zipped, and should never be decompressed on the nav unit. Obviously you can unzip it to work on the files, but then it needs to be rezipped and loaded on the nav unit in compressed format. The F-Series unzips it (and a host of other files) during the boot up process.

skycrave -- Actually, on all other versions of iGO (and I don't think this one is any different), you _can_ unzip some or all files from Data.ZIP into iGO's program directory.

In this case they override what is inside DATA.ZIP

Not an expert really... but I am reading forums of a rather large skin building community to see what I can find.

AFAIK iGO will load first files form the secondary_root, then from files in the program directory, and then it will look at the data.zip. Files loaded first are the ones that are used.

ok i was able to go to the folder you specified in first post but i dont see data.zip in this folder :? am i missing something? i just started copying that whole folder to my SD just in case, but its saying 25min till its done :x uhh help

edit: did the view / enable hidden files and found it. boxes are now gone yessssss thank u! will report on arrows.

I replaced the DATA.zip file that was in the first post and I'm having an issue w/ the next turn arrow not showing up in 2d mode. I'm showing a modified data of 9/8 on some of the folders when I view it. I haven't unzip'd or edited the contents of the file in any way.

F700 which was original unit (no blue dot) updated w/ pioneer fw update when it came out in july. The next turn box was always there before and after the updates. The next turn box IS there in 3d mode.