AVIC411.com

New map up on torrent????

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me? Nuts? Nah, you're just too paranoid.

You're not going to do permanent damage with a map disc. Worst case scenario, you have to downgrade to use the old discs. It's no big deal, the only cost is a little bit of time and a buck & a quarter for a dual layer blank.

Besides, it's fun to play around with something new. It's not like messing around with a new nav disc increases your risk of lung cancer or catching herpes.

i am lost. lost me at download this and this. open it with this. unzip it with this and convert it to this. us this program to burn it. why can it be a simple way. jess. can someone help me on this. i'm looking for winzip pragram that i think my stepdad has. if someone can pm me and walk me through, step by step. i have a DVD/RW writer. i downloaded what was on page 6 and it went to my limewire program. but i can get it for roxio. please help. thanks. i'm not verygood at computers here, so please help.

ok, i had my original disc in the drive and i figured maybe the menus in another language were ok so i switched it to french. when it switched over it also loaded the firmware from my original disc. so now im good to go. but if someone can figure out what files to delete to stop the system from updating with the new disc then we would all be set...except for the east coast guys

Hmmm, that's different. Is your disc rather old? My previous disc was CNDV-70MTP. There are other parts like GPS, System, etc. On mine, all those things matched the N5 disc, the only difference was the missing PRG file. When I did a file compare on mine, all the UC010*.* files matched mine.

If you got the PRG from an older disc with an older version, all the other files are probably newer so that's why you've got mismatched files and it tried to update the language and other parts. Total guess, but I think using an older disc, you're going to need to also copy over the UC050*.* files for the D1/D2 in order for it to not update. Probably the only reason I didn't need to is my previous disc was CNDV-70MTP.

Yeah, this is definitely not the official retail release. It's an "OEM" version specific for the N5. The CJ1226blahblah (forget exactly) version number is an indication of that, the real release will have a version starting with CNDV-80MP.

How about a thread dedicated to the d1 mods needed for the new disk in the hack section.

I just downloaded and burned the disc. It didn't initially work on my AVIC-9DVD either, however, I went into Test Mode and discovered the reason why. The Application Program for my AVIC-9DVD is missing from the disc (EU010APT.PRG file). The AVIC-9DVD has a cool feature in that it can read missing files from the PC Card slot, so I copied the missing PRG, the matching HTM file (probably not necessary), and DVI.DAT to the PC Card and now the DVD will boot up.

The PRG file is definitely missing for the AVIC-D1/D2 also, and I suspect it won't work on AVIC-N1, N2, and N3 either.

The only PRG that's present is EU070APL.PRG. As far as I know, here is a list of PRG files and which device uses it:

EU010APT.PRG - AVIC-9DVD, 8DVD, 80DVD, 88DVD.

EU040APL.PRG - AVIC-N1, N2, N3??? This one I'm not too sure about.

EU050APL.PRG - AVIC-D1, D2

EU070APL.PRG - AVIC D3, N4, N5

In theory, you should be able to copy the appropriate PRG and DVI.DAT from whatever disc you got the PRG file to the disc and it should boot and work. DVI.DAT contains info on the disc and program versions. You must use the DVI.DAT from your old disc because the DVI.DAT on the new disc won't work. I would also copy the matching EU0x0APL.HTM file just in case... the boot process may do file checking, who knows. You definitely won't see any program updates this way, but at least the map will be newer. In fact, on mine it didn't even change the boot screen.

Does anyone want to seed the west disk with the fixed PRG files(I would but I only have about 70 mb/s up)? Or should we just wait for the official pioneer disks to come out?

i have been looking for the CNDV 80MT torrent and I cant find it anywhere Can someone please tell me where i can find it or give me the link.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide!

It's on page 6. Get the torrent here http://rapidshare.com/files/142615724/a ... rrent.html

download it and that will give you the torrent

download the file with the torrent program of your choice.

then Seed for as long as you can.

Thank you allsounds for the great torrent. Downloaded it and used magiciso to convert and rip it. Tried to convert it with magiciso and then rip with nero and the disc wouldnt read... did it all with magiciso and it worked like a charm.

Im currently downloading and uploading (sharing)

running about 64kb both ways.

Currently there are 7 leachers and 4 seeders

Thanks to all who are seeding

I think you missed the point of my post, if you have anything other than the D3, N4 or N5 the downloaded disk will not work for you. You have to get files from an older disk and switch them to the new iso for it to work.....or we could seed the disk with the files already put in the iso so nobody has this problem.

so it seems this disk will not work with the N3 correct? which files would i have to add to it before i burn it (and what would be the best way to do that).

also since it is only a map update does it have the old POI or no POI and you system will use the old ones?

i ask this because i have the 60 series disk right now, should i upgrade to the 70's series then the 80's series or just upgrade strait from the 60's to the 80's series disks?