AVIC411.com

Running Avic software on pc

Has anyone tried already to run the Avic software on a pc. I'm planning to install Microsoft virtual PC to give this a try. I used the same application to run Vista under XP.

I think there must be a way of running the Win CE stuff directly on a pc. That will save a loooooot of time spend in the car, waiting for your booting Pioneer HU.

What are your thoughts? Experiences? Recommended approaches?

Thanks a lot!!

*Edit*: I found that Microsoft already has a Win CE 5.0 emulator available for download. Using this software it should be possible to install and run WinCE from a USB stick...

i was trying to get a win ce emulator running on my pc but i dunno im gonna download all the sdk for win ce and try again

Now THIS would be cool. I tried once just messing with mine, and it was such a PITA with my laptop (which is more of a erm desktop replacement with a 17" screen and weighing in at like 10 pounds) bumping against the steering wheel.

I found http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

and http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

But at work I run Win Server 2003 x64 so it wont install on this system. I definitely plan on running it at home.

Yea I had already tried those tools but the emulator fails to install on my 64bit vista :/

Trying it on 32 bit Vista now...

• 1 month later...

I was able to run the emulator. However the then navigator won't start, if I click the "Tel" I get an error and if I click on the Navi, I get a white window with NaviMain. I’m using: Microsoft Device Emulator V2 (8.0.60801.00) and when the emulator starts it says Windows Mobile 6.1

post-20342-12872755768571_thumb.png

Guys I've already gone down this road. As of right now you can't run any of the AVIC software on windows device emulator. The reason is that Microsoft have not release a compiler (platform builder) that supports ARMv6 instruction set. Also the latest Microsoft Device Emulator does not support ARMv6 Instruction sets as well.. Thus you can not run the avic software on the emulator so dont waste your time trying.

The processor for the AVIC F-series is ARM1136JF (ARMv6 instructions set supported).

Im awaiting their SDK, once it is release I can create software for this unit, maybe even a new Kiosk GUI that is more flexible than the current one. 3rd party apps without needing to boot into testmode.

PS: It doesn't matter if the hardware is present or not, Ive already try runnign the AVIC software on my mobile phone which support the ARMv6 isntructions and it ran perfectly! The only thing is my phone screen is too small for me to do anything. If you have HTC Tilt you can try it.

From what I see so far, It is very likely once the SDK is release you guys will see a burst of new apps for this unit.

From Microsoft Website

Fast Interrupt Mode on ARMv6 and ARMv7 Microprocessors Not Supported

8/28/2008

The ARM v6 and ARM v7 microprocessors include a fast interrupt mode. Windows Embedded CE 6.0 does not support this mode. Proper support for fast interrupt mode requires changes to the kernel and the compiler.

Do not use fast interrupt mode because it changes the behavior of some instructions, such as load multiple and store multiple. These instructions are normally atomic instructions. That is, they complete all their work before returning or allowing an interrupt. In fast interrupt mode, this the atomic nature of these instructions is not guaranteed, so the operation can be interrupted. This means that the data could be changed before the instruction completes. This can make code difficult to debug.