AVIC411.com

Running Avic software on pc

I am not really sure that the problem is with ARMv6 -- iGO runs on pretty much any Windows Mobile 5-6 PDA and does not seem to have requirements for a very advanced ARM processor. And if MS does not have a compiler for it, how would NavNGo build their software? ^)

I am not really sure that the problem is with ARMv6 -- iGO runs on pretty much any Windows Mobile 5-6 PDA and does not seem to have requirements for a very advanced ARM processor. And if MS does not have a compiler for it, how would NavNGo build their software? ^)

Check the processor on the pda and get back with me. I know so far the pda that i have are all ARMv6 instruction set compatible. Most PDA nowadays are. If you talking about IGO Software alone (the one that is design for pda), it can be compile for any platform. The AVIC software itself is compile/uses the ARMv6 instructions. Remember software is backward compatible. ARMv6 and ARMv5 below all can run within our AVIC. IGO sottware can run on pda because it is compiled for compatibility with vast number of devices. If you are a cs major you would know. If the AVIC software is coded to utilize or compile with ARMv6 instruction sets, any device or emulator that doesn't support the instruction will not run.

Also yes of course the Manufacture have the compiler for it! However, Microsoft did not release the platform builder that support ARMv6 yet to the public. Also not just the compiler you also need the device emulator which I know the latest version today only support up to ARMv5 only.

I might not be a very l33t coder, but I do not only have a CS major, but have been professionally developing software for the past 15 years or so.

iGO 8 runs just fine on my phone that has ARM920T core (ARMv4T). There aren't even that many Windows-based PDAs that use significantly newer cores.

Now, I did not disassemble iGO from AVIC and check what architecture it was compiled for. It is possible that NavNGo built it differently for Pioneer. There might also be other executables on the AVIC that were built for the newer architecture.

PS. Just checked. iGO from AVIC starts on my phone, ARMv4 and all.

Here is a screenshot of Device Emulator running IGO8 (not the AVIC IGO). This tells you that IGO8 runs on most hardware architecture. However, Device emulator can not run AVIC IGO. Borris if you are right about IGO software running on your ARMv4 processor, it might not be that the software was compile with ARMv6 instructions. However it is definitely compiled differently than of IGO8.

post-21861-12872755802743_thumb.jpg

Yes, iGO on AVIC is a special build for Pioneer, and includes items for integrating with the AV system. I do ont think though that they would build to a different architecture for a box that, in the end, still runs the same Windows CE as everybody else.

I just ran ezrider.exe through a disassembler. Looks like a generic ARM executable for Windows CE.

At least all the strings are nicely visible. For example, this one:

d:\\iGO8_R1\\proj_pioneer\\output\\pocket pc 2003(armv4)\\ppc_release\\ezrider_pna.pdb

It also is June 27 2008 build, verison 8.0.0.45041

I just figured out how to launch my own kiosk without going through the AVIC one :P working on some stuff right now.

Let me get this straight... Are you saying that maybe you will be able (and someday we also) to emulate the GPS software so we can test it on the PC before saving on the Pioneer's??? That would be awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...