Nationwide list of Speed traps for Avic Feeds

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In pioneer.ini you will see this:

[speedcam]
import_directory="\Storage Card\poi\speedcam"

I'm not sure if it's as simple as adding them to that directory on your SD card and booting up the system, and we don't know what format it expects to have them in, but it's worth trying.

This may be a vestigial line of code from iGo, but from what I've seen, that ini file is pretty specific to the F-Series.

the US update has all the files of the EU update + more, the EU update just has some newer versions of certian files .exe's and newer .dll's some of the .ui files have little tweaks too but like small changes little addons

the pioneer.ini from the EU and US update are the same btw

OK I just got off the phone with Phantom Alert...

Just incase we are unable to put these coordinates directly onto the unit, you can goto www.phantomalert.com, and theres a spot where you can put in your zip code and it'll give you the list of all the traps and coordinates within or near that area.

Not jinxing or doubting anybody that is trying to put them onto the unit, just letting everyone know that if it's not possible, that would be the next best thing.

Does anyone know of a program or website that will change crossroad locations into longitude and latitude coordinates? Goggle Earth does it, but the coordinates in the crosshair are way off and the POI tells you the camera is in a different place.

I know you can cross over addresses, but most red light cameras don't have an address and if you use the closest address, it can put you off by up to a 1000 ft on the navigational map.

Thanks.

Does anyone know of a program or website that will change crossroad locations into longitude and latitude coordinates? Goggle Earth does it, but the coordinates in the crosshair are way off and the POI tells you the camera is in a different place.

I know you can cross over addresses, but most red light cameras don't have an address and if you use the closest address, it can put you off by up to a 1000 ft on the navigational map.

Thanks.

would doing that make your destination a coordinate rather than an address?

and would you have to input a coordinate instead of an address as well?

I was going to make my own POI for my city for the Red Light Cameras, but a few in the area only list their location as:

Camera, Bridgeport & San Francisco, Lakewood, WA,

But to put an address there moves the camera 1000ft north which is a different intersection. So if I had coordinates for that intersection, then it would accurate on my AVIC. Avic Feeds require Longitute and Latitude on each location.

I was able to convert the waypoints.csv file into one large .KML file.

I do database conversions and scripting at my work. This was right up my alley :D

I haven't tried it yet on my Avic but it does open all 20k in Google earth. The points are all over the world! Plus there appear to be lots of duplicates.

If it's just Avic Feeds that limits it to 300 points then who knows the unit might accept this, who knows. Take a look for yourself. Once I get home I will try this on my avic. Have fun!

WaypointsKML.zip

Wont work with avic feeds. That file is not set up properly for avic feeds to convert it. In order for the .csv file to be converted with avic feeds it has to have info under the A,B,C,D etc letters at the top which the original file did not. The column to the right with the drop down menus allowing you to pick the corresponding letters is the final step you have to make in order for the conversion to work. That is why I posted my file. I was able to get at least the first 300 to appear on my F90. I could be wrong but I spent hours on this last night and the only way I got the files to appear on the F90 was to do it this way. If you can some way edit the original .csv file in the same way as the file I posted it should work. And if anyone else figures out a different way to make this piece of shit app to work please let me know.