AVIC411.com

Win CE boot files

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

so i think i basically understand what to do here but 2 questions...

1) i only need to edit the file data.zip right? so i only need to copy that one over? and i should leave test mode folder on the card during all this right?

2) how do i get it to go back to being a stereo again? just take the card out?

I have a Pioneer F900BT. I put the 2 folders in the testmode.zip in the root of an SD card, I could boot in WinCE mode, I backupped the flash unit to the SD card, I turned off the ignition, I removed the SD card, and now, when I turn on the ignition, the F900BT doesn't turn on. What's happened? Did I brick the F900BT? I tried to reset the unit, unsuccessfully. Please help me!!!

Went out and tried it again. This time I tried to remember the error:

MapDBInfo version on the SD card differs from my unit. The SD card has 1000 while my unit has 1010 (as far as I can remember)

Any suggestions on how to bypass this?

I am having this same problem, except that my SD Card has 1000 while my unit shows x0000. I am in the US. I am not sure if this is the cause of my problem, I am not using an SD card, I am using a USB Flash Drive.

• 2 weeks later...

*THESE DIRECTIONS ARE COMPLETE YOU WON'T GET LOST UNLESS YOU'RE A LOST CAUSE :wink:

*Your parking brake wire (light green) has to be grounded. You can ground it to the black wire coming off the black power harness that connects to your stock radio ground connection, the cigarette lighter black ground, the vehicle chassis, etc.

*I updated my Avic to 2.0 firmware, its up to you if you want to do this because all you're trying to do is replace the "data.zip" file. Or if you don't want to upgrade you can follow steps 1-4,6 to access your Avic and copy/paste the original file from your Avic to SD card, open it up on your computer, edit it as mentioned below, put it back on your SD card, then follow steps 7-15. On how to Upgrade your firmware search avic411 or go to:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... e+Download

1. Make sure you are a registered member of avic411 or else you won't be able to see the files you need to download.

2. Download the Testmode.zip file folder from:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

3. Use Winrar (people have reported problems with Winzip) and open up Testmode.zip

4. Extract BOTH Testmode and MiTACAP files to your desktop by highlighting the folders and clicking the "Extract To" tab on Winrar and selecting "Desktop".

5. Get a hold of the data.zip file, you will need to edit it THROUGH Winrar. If you upgrade to the 2.0 Avic Firmware you can find the data.zip file in the firmware folder you download. You can download the firmware off Avic 411 or go to pioneerelectronics.com. Once you have the firmware downloaded open it up with Winrar. Click on F-Series Firmware Update -> LPUE080 -> APL2 -> iGo -> RIGHT CLICK data.zip and select "View File" -> Click project_config -> Click pioneer.ini (opens up in notepad)

Next, scroll down till you see:

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=16.0

hide_logos=1

Change the "16.0" -> 128.0 , then click "file" "save". You will be prompted File "pioneer.ini" was modified click YES. Also click YES to "data.zip" being modified. Now extract "data.zip" in Winrar to your Desktop by highlighting the folder and clicking the "Extract To" tab on Winrar and selecting "Desktop". You should find it inside the "F-Series Firmware Update" folder by clicking through it.

6. Copy and paste the three files that should now be on your desktop (Testmode/MiTACAP/data.zip) to your SD card.

7. Insert the SD card into your unit with your vehicle powered off.

8. Turn your key to the vehicle ACC on position and your Avic should boot up in WinCE mode.

9. X out of whatever screen pops up till you get to the desktop.

10. Triple click to get into "My Device" is what i believe its called the first icon at the top of the desktop on the Avic.

11. Go into your SD card, highlight the "data.zip" file, click "edit" "copy".

12. Click back, now go into the main Avic drive in "My Device", i think its called flash something...i'm not sure the exact name but you can't miss it.

13. Similar to how you navigated through the firmware to find "data.zip" to change it, click to get to it, LPUE080 -> APL2 -> iGo

14. You should find the original "data.zip" that's on your Avic right now in there.

15. Now click "edit" "paste" and click "Yes to all" to replace the original data.zip with the one that you put on your SD card.

16. Reboot your Avic and you should be good to go.

* I tried describing all the steps by memory to the best of my ability, in the sequence i performed them, and to their fullest detail. i should be charging ppl for this post...lol...hope it helps... 8)

Before installing the updated data.zip file, I grounded my parking break lead. I get a warning "Parking brake lead not properly installed." Is that supposed to happen? My assumption is that once I install the software, that warning will only come up over 128mph, which is, of course, fine. I just want to make sure that there isn't something else wrong with my install and that the grounded parking brake lead is "supposed" to give that error message.

Confirmation?