AVIC411.com

Win CE boot files

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys love the site excellent reads, I am trying to copy my data.zip but i get error when doing it.

cannot copy data.zip error code 19

anyone get this and know why

Thanks in advance

I did get this before, and it was because the switch on my SD card was set to lock (didn't even know they had that option). I know it sounds stupid, but try that first, see if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I'm new to board. I was able to complete all of the steps mentioned above. I then replaced the data.zip file. When I reboot the system it get's stuck on the "Stystem is starting up. Please wait." screen. I tried modifying the file in winzip and winrar...both don't seem to work. When I load back the original data.zip file, the system boots up with no problems. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
what u do with that?

1 - unzip the contents of that attachment

2 - Put the two folders contained in that attachment on an SD card.

3 - Put the SD card in the F-series and turn it on

4 - Once it has finished the "copying" close the copying window by clicking the X

5 - You have now booted the unit to windows mode. Enjoy.

Every time I try to X-out of "copy" it won't let me click the "x" and go to "my device" Do I have a bug in my WinCE? I just updated to version 2.0 for my F900bt.

Did you calibrate your screen before going into test mode ? i had that same problem and i had not calibrated my screen yet.

I'm having trouble getting the "FILE" "EDIT" and such menus to drop. I'm guessing that I need to calibrate as well, but my question is, do I use the Calibration on the Front end, or the one in control panel of windows?

Thanks

Will

Dallas Tx

For those having issues with clicking the X and other menus in WinCE....

From the front end (normal operation) run through the screen calibration, using a stylus. This step is important.

THEN enter testmode. I still have trouble clicking the X sometimes, but it's based on it's location on the screen. You can grab and move the entire window from the title bar (big blue bar across the top. I drag down and to the left a bit, and then have no trouble hitting the X to close it.