AVIC411.com

Win CE boot files

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been reading these forums back and forth since I got my new 900BT a couple of weeks ago. I was glad when I finally found this thread where I could download the files to boot in wince testmode. I really want to remove the .wav files the player uses for button sounds.

But I got a an error message pertaining to maps. Can't remember exact wording. Might it have something to do with my having installed the latest firmware from Pioneer? Or the fact that I have a European unit using Norwegian as the main language?

I insert the SD card and and turn on the ignition. The player starts up with splash screen. Screen goes to black. Splash screen returns and pretty quickly afterwards the error message window beeps into place in the middle of the screen. Clicking the OK button in the right hand corner doesn't do anything except freeze the player...

No, I don't think it's the SD card itself. That part works alright. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the files in the MiTACAP folder. I have a feeling it either has to be the version of the firmware or my location (Norway)...

You wouldn't by any chance happen to know if anybody has posted a European version of the Testmode files?

Solved it!

Being the conscientious type I formatted my SD-card and placed the folders on the root. No joy, same error message.

So I checked out the MapDBInfo.txt file and changed the

Area: UC

to

Area: EW

Now I'm in! Any suggestions for a good thread that tells me how to remove button sounds in WinCE?

Windows CE works more or less like Windows as far as copying and pasting. The only caveat here is no keyboard, no mouse, just a stylus and I haven't figured out how to right click.

Navigate to the file you want to copy: Select the folder (tap it once) you want to open, tap the "File" menu, tap "Open"

Copy the file you want: Select the file (tap it once), tap the "Edit" menu, tap "Copy".

Navigate to the folder where you want to put it.

Tap "Edit", tap "Paste". If you're replacing something that's already there, you'll get a warning about replacing an existing file, just tap 'Replace' or 'Ok' or whatever it says.

Cheers!

Found a keyboard onscreen in Windows explorer bottom right hand corner of the screen. Just got into the unit so this info may already be known.