AVIC411.com

Memory card for the Avic 80DVD

No, sorry, I never made any progress. I was able to confirm that while it can read some needed files from the card slot, it doesn't work to copy ALL data over and run diskless. I tried that. It's too bad, 16GB SDHC is now real cheap, I picked up 3 for $20 after rebate. Something needs to be changed in the program code.

• 1 year later...

No, sorry, I never made any progress. I was able to confirm that while it can read some needed files from the card slot, it doesn't work to copy ALL data over and run diskless. I tried that. It's too bad, 16GB SDHC is now real cheap, I picked up 3 for $20 after rebate. Something needs to be changed in the program code.

Do you know which ones it did or didn't read in general?

I'm guessing the unit has to have a DVD/CD disk in with some information on it.. even a bare disk with just DVI.DAT might be enough, but before I go toying around I wanted to find out what your experience was.

Thanks for anything you may remember.

So all we need are a "PCMCIA to SD adapter" and a "16GB SDHC" to get it to work?

I'm thinking it might be possible to put BOTH East and West disks on a 32BG memory card and just have the West disk in the drive. That way it can still boot and you might be able to have the whole country.

No, it won't read many files off the memory card. I don't remember it being able to read any of the maps off of it, just a few other files. Enough to get it to boot a newer disc from a D1/D2 (CNDV-80 and CNDV-90 which lack the 80DVD code). The firmware needs to be hacked to read the rest of the files off the SD card. A smart hacker could probably figure out what to change, but unfortunately, I'm not that smart.

You also can't combine both discs, because it has identical filenames on both. You'd have to somehow disassemble and reassemble the .kwi files as a combined map. All I know about the .kwi files are they're called KIWI files, an open standard for map discs.

http://www.kiwi-w.org/index_eng.html

I know doing both is technically possible, I just don't know how.

Very interesting and thanks for your help. I was having trouble loading the CNDV-80MT but thought it was because I burned it wrong or something. I called Pioneer and it is a $200 flat-rate service charge to fix a broken laser!

Can you tell us which files I need to copy over to the memory card and what memory card you are using?

Unfortunately, I don't remember that either. I'm pretty sure someone posted the info in the CNDV-90MT thread. I tried to find it, but the search function here sucks. I was able to find references to it in Google, but they don't work because they point to links from the old forum software. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the info is buried deep in this 42-page thread somewhere:

http://avic411.com/index.php?showtopic=24250

Any memory card in a PCMCIA adapter will work. I got a cheap Chinese SDHC to PCMCIA adapter from eBay and every card I put in it works fine, including MicroSD in an adapter.

I sorted through all those pages and found out what you did which was put 3 missing files onto the memory card. (EU10APT.HTM, EU10APT.PRG, & DVI.DAT)

I tried this with a CNDV-100MT iso that I made from a friends DVD disk and got it working. But instead of putting the missing files onto a memory card, I used MagicISO to directly integrate the missing files, replacing the DVI.DAT file, and then burning the ISO. It's worth noting that the CNDV-100MT has even more files missing than the CNDV-90MT did. I've uploaded a picture of all the files you need to get the CNDV-100MT disk working...

post-46561-014933500 1290142798_thumb.jpg