AVIC411.com

USA/Canada RedLight and Speedcam POI

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

iGO probably treats them differently from normal POIs because they need different information. POI generally has category, address, may be telephone, and icon you associate with it. Speed cameras need different things -- location, direction, speed limit, and type. Code that deals with POIs (of which there are far more than cams) does not need to deal with proximity, whether you are travelkling fasyter than camera's limit, etc. So it makes all the sense to treat cameras differently.

Text file format is easy to make and distribute, and once you have it in the system much easier to process than something far more verbose like KML.

Perhaps I missed a step, but need some assistance.

I downloaded the scripts and injected them into the data.zip file, the first time it failed and gave me an error, I was using ZipGenius. I re-did the zip using WinRar and worked great (used the zip feature, not rar) and it loads up and the startup message just sits there, it doesn't go away and the system keeps resetting every 3-4 minutes.

I can goto iPod, Siruis, XM, radio and such, but going to maps or destination just locks it up at the EULA screen, all while the startup screen (Please Wait) screen stays on the screen.

Did I do something different or miss a step?

Thanks.

Most probably... When I used a a bad speedcamera text file, the unit kept rebooting.

Try doing one thing at a time... 1st make sure that the unit boots with the speedcamera data and original data.zip, then add new scripts in....

Haven't really worked on it yet, but KMLs are very simple XML files, so converting them to text format should be pretty straightforward. I haven't gotten around to that yet, too busy hacking the unit itself to work the way I like... :) I'mn not really sure if those KMLs are any more complete or accurate than other files...

Googling around also finds utilities that are supposed to create .spdb and .spud files (what iGO uses internally)...