• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Here we go USA/Canada RedLight and Speedcam POI. Just download the zip extract it to the root of the SD Card and you should be able to feed it into your AVIC. Enjoy.

This is based on POI-Factory POI. Thanks to VBLUE42 for the attachment.

I am having a hard time understanding what this is. I thought all we needed was the two safety cam database files - "Red_Light_Camera_us.txt", and "Speed_Trap.txt" to: MyFlashDrive\APL2\IGO\Content\SpeedCam from this thread viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19523&hilit=speedcam . do i need this file and what does it do? Also what does Boris mean when he posted to this site http://www.gps-data-team.com/poi/united_states/safety/ again is this the same as those 2 fdatabase files? Please let me know, I really don't understand. Is this an updated file or something? Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Could somebody post the CODE that is required for the redlight and speed cameras? I have tried pulling down some files and placing them in my data.zip file but I end up rebooting every 3-4 minutes. I've already done 10 or so mods, so I really don't want to dump other files down on top of what I already have without knowing what's in them (that something I have won't be over written).

Can someone paste the code for each of the files that require it?? I saw a couple other people asking for this too but I think they got lost in some of the other questions. Many thanks!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Could somebody post the CODE that is required for the redlight and speed cameras? I have tried pulling down some files and placing them in my data.zip file but I end up rebooting every 3-4 minutes. I've already done 10 or so mods, so I really don't want to dump other files down on top of what I already have without knowing what's in them (that something I have won't be over written).

Can someone paste the code for each of the files that require it?? I saw a couple other people asking for this too but I think they got lost in some of the other questions. Many thanks!! :)

Ok this is different then the files needed to make the red light camera alert function work. These files here are simply POI files that you add to your SD card with the AVIC FEEDS app just like you would any other POI. These files initially were the only thing you could use as a crude camera warning system before the safety cam function was unlocked on the F series. These files are kind of obsolete now but do still serve a purpose. I use these files on my SD card as a means to search my route to see if I will be encountering any of these cameras on my route. Once I plot my route, I then go to search poi along my route and select these camera types in the list of poi's to search. Only the ones along the route will display. That way I know in advance if there are any cameras along my destination to be aware of in advance. It is an additional measure I use in addition to the safety cam function on the Avic.

I just want to know where the info comes from about the cams, b/c it pops up speed cams all over the place where i live BUT they dont use speed cams around here, They do have traffic cams on the hiways BUt those are not there to catch peeps speeding, they are there to watch for wrecks, traffic jams, or to help look for vehicles involved in amber alerts.

I just converted a HUGE worldwide speedcam database for the avic. It is up to date as of 4.21.09.

Delete everything in apl2\igo\content\speedcam\ then add the spud file contained in the zip below.[attachment=1]speedcams.JPG[/attachment]

Thanks for this man, I appreciate it... so where did you get this file from?

I just want to know where the info comes from about the cams, b/c it pops up speed cams all over the place where i live BUT they dont use speed cams around here, They do have traffic cams on the hiways BUt those are not there to catch peeps speeding, they are there to watch for wrecks, traffic jams, or to help look for vehicles involved in amber alerts.

The camera files come from various POI websites on the net. The files I posted here are from POI factory. My guess is the reason there are cameras showing in your area is because someone added them to a database as spots were cops like to hang out and run radar, which can be useful. The problem with some of these database files is that they are not official and are contributed by anyone that adds a location to the website that host the files.

SpeedcamUpdates.zip is this for the f series? I have the 900 and trying to add speed cams and red light cam into it. Am I able to use the zip file above to accomplish this? Do you connect the system to a laptop to do the update or an sd card?

This is for the F series but requires hacking your unit to add the function. Read over the various threads in the hacks and mods section before you attempt any mods. Below is a link to the safety cam hack I posted but there are several others on the site.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19523

• 3 weeks later...
I just converted a HUGE worldwide speedcam database for the avic. It is up to date as of 4.21.09.

Delete everything in apl2\igo\content\speedcam\ then add the spud file contained in the zip below.[attachment=1]speedcams.JPG[/attachment]

im looking at that screen shot and im just wondering. is it only speedcams on that list or also red light cameras? mainly because i have not seen one single speed cam ever in ontario, canada since they took all of them down. but we do have a lot of redlight cameras around my area.

• 8 years later...

If anyone is using this today -- are the files from 2008 still fairly current today (2017)?  (I want to know if it is worth trying to get this working on an AVIC-Z150BH.)  If it is not current enough, are there updates?  Any information is appreciated.  Thanks.