AVIC411.com

Fixing contacts makes voice dial by name work

I got it working perfectly!!!!!

YES!!!

FYI, you DO need a "1" before the number, otherwise incoming calls for me just show "15552221122" instead of the person's name.

So the correct format is 15552221122.

At least this is correct for iPhone 3G users.

Well i got it working now, after I edited every name in the contact list the voice dialing is correct. however, the unit doesnt show the name of the person that is calling when it recieves an incoming call.

I have an Iphone 3G and i tried what WilliamG said about the "1" infront of the number and it didnt work. so tomorrow i will retry and leave the "1" out.

hopefully this solves my problem and I will let you guys know.

i think when it comes to the Iphone3G everything is a trial and error basis. what works for one person doesnt necessarily work for all.

That's very odd! Before I put a "1" before the names, it would just show me the number of the person on the display (with a "1" before each number!). Then I edited all the numbers to put the 1 before them, and then everyone's name started showing up.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OKAY SO ITS OFFICIAL....

I took away the "1" infront of the number(so that it was only 10 characters) and it worked perfectly....not too sure how come it works differently for williamG...

Lesson to be learned if it doesnt work one way, try the other. In all honesty it doesn't matter which way works for you, all that matters is that it works.

OKAY SO ITS OFFICIAL....

I took away the "1" infront of the number(so that it was only 10 characters) and it worked perfectly....not too sure how come it works differently for williamG...

Lesson to be learned if it doesnt work one way, try the other. In all honesty it doesn't matter which way works for you, all that matters is that it works.

How very odd! I'm sure voice dial worked fine without the "1", but try getting a friend to call you and see if his name shows up. Without the 1, the number showed up but not the name..

yea i took my house cordless phone with me in the garage...

if it had the "1" infront it would just show the phone number, but i when i edited it and removed the "1" its "home" calling...

That's way too funny. :) Weird! For me I had to have the 1 there or it showed the number, since the number showing up had the 1 in there.

Heck, if it works, I wouldn't complain. :)

Hi, does anyone know how to open the mac address book in SQLite? It fails to recognise my "addressbook.data" file. I'd be really appreciative is somebody would please post step by step instructions to fix the values.

That is because you need the phonebookXXXXXXXXX.db file located in /My Flash Drive/User/UserData/Phonedata

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Found it!

Hi, does anyone know how to open the mac address book in SQLite? It fails to recognise my "addressbook.data" file. I'd be really appreciative is somebody would please post step by step instructions to fix the values.

That is because you need the phonebookXXXXXXXXX.db file located in /My Flash Drive/User/UserData/Phonedata

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Verizon HTC 6700. It is a Windows Mobile. I only needed to fix some of the numbers that had a "+" in front of them, and edit out a couple of symbols in the contact name.

The nice thing is my phone would not allow me to pick and choose what names I put in the voice dial, so now I have trimmed it way down.

It all works great now. I was getting frustrated with this, and am glad I found this forum!

• 2 weeks later...

A message to anyone who's made these changes and been successful.......

Have you changed the First Name / Last Name order?

ie. a record currently looks like:

Smith Bob 0005551234 3

...how would I engage that with voice activation? Would I say "Call Smith Bob Mobile"? orrrrr "Call Bob Smith Mobile", orrrr "Call Bob Smith" and it would prompt me about the mobile part...?

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers!

A message to anyone who's made these changes and been successful.......

Have you changed the First Name / Last Name order?

ie. a record currently looks like:

Smith Bob 0005551234 3

...how would I engage that with voice activation? Would I say "Call Smith Bob Mobile"? orrrrr "Call Bob Smith Mobile", orrrr "Call Bob Smith" and it would prompt me about the mobile part...?

So after some experiment I've been able to clarify this for myself.

If you want to initiate the voice dailing by saying "CALL FIRST LAST MOBILE", then simply update the contact list to have all your contacts as listed as "FIRST LAST" (when my blackberry storm sync'd them, it sync'd them LAST FIRST).

Note that you have to say "CALL FIRST LAST MOBILE" as a full string to initiate a number setup for FIRST LAST as a '3' (aka their mobile). If you just want to say "CALL FIRST LAST" (or CALL HOME which would be more practical), then ensure that number is setup with a 0 within the contacts db.

Hope this information someone out there.

Cheers!

Again, I must thank all you fine folks on here that came up with this fix. My MotoRazrV3 would connect just fine to my f700bt unit, and transfer the contact list. But like many others, I had multiple "general" numbers for each contact. After editing my phonebook file using the dwType numbers mr maverickster posted, I can now use the voice dial as it is supposed to work. Thanks again guys! I am now 4 for 4 with successful mods to my HU.

• 2 weeks later...

:P For any of you who have a Blackberry Bold and can't get the F90BT to recognize voice dialing, I finally (after many trials and tribulations) got my unit to work perfectly....

- Delete all characters from the name and phone numbers ie; +(),/: etc.

- Only use alfa letters and numerics

- Only use 10 numerals for the phone number with no spaces between ie; XXXYYYZZZZ instead of XXX YYY ZZZZ

- Delete all international phone numbers with more than 10 numerals

- Delete all contacts from the phonebook which do not have an associated phone number ie; contacts with only an e-mail address but no phone number

Once completed in the Bold, delete your connection from the F90BT and also your connection to the F90BT from your Bold. Then re-marry you phone to the F90BT and download the new phone book.

You need to be carefull to fully follow the above directions. If you do, it will work like a charm! Just say "Call FirstName LastName" and the unit will respond with all associated phone numbers, asking which one to dial.