AVIC411.com

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put it in the First one. I just re-pined it with the yellow and black Mute wire that I wasnt going to use.

This is step by step what I did:

1.Take out pin with yellow and Black wire on the white harness

2.Insert Pin in the first open hole to the left of the white harness

3.Ground the light Green wire from the Blue harness and the Wire you just installed to the Black wire of the blue harness.

That should be it!!!

Drove around a bit this morning and all seemed fine... I will report back after a few more days of driving just to make sure it works.

For Sure! WHAT IS THE VSS WIRE FOR THOUGH??

What Does The Speed Sensor Wire Do Exactly?

It sends the signal to the Avic that tells it how fast the vehicle is going. It also provides another way for the Avic to "know" the vehicle is in motion.

regards

~Marc

I just thought I wwould throw in the bypass for my N5 is working just like stated for the N4. I have seen other posts stating that N5 is like the N2 bypass (soldering the jumper under label) and that method did not work for me

now if i could get the video working on my ipod classic 160 ill be happy

Did you set 'TV OUT' to ON?

I just thought I wwould throw in the bypass for my N5 is working just like stated for the N4. I have seen other posts stating that N5 is like the N2 bypass (soldering the jumper under label) and that method did not work for me

now if i could get the video working on my ipod classic 160 ill be happy

jocooter, yes vss wire hooked up, brake wire grounded and i moved an unused wire in the harness to the second hole and grounded. and yes traveling 70 on the highway while kids watched the dvd movie (not me)

Camel, yes i turned on the TV out, i have read alot where apple changed something on the newer ipods and screws it up, i also tried downgradeing ipod software to 1.0.2 and still doesnt work,

jocooter, yes vss wire hooked up, brake wire grounded and i moved an unused wire in the harness to the second hole and grounded. and yes traveling 70 on the highway while kids watched the dvd movie (not me)

Camel, yes i turned on the TV out, i have read alot where apple changed something on the newer ipods and screws it up, i also tried downgradeing ipod software to 1.0.2 and still doesnt work,