AVIC411.com

THAT WEBSITE SAYS NOTHING ABOUT THE VSS WIRE!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE EXACTLY I HOOK THE VSS WIRE UP TO??! IT IS JUST HANGING OUT THE BACK OF MY N5 & I DONT KNOW WHERE TO CONECT IT TO ON MY CAR!

ANY HELP??

Didn't you get any instructions with your unit? You need to hook it up to the wire in your car that carries the speed signal. You may be able to look that up if you know the make, model and year of your car......

regards

~Marc

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
I just thought I wwould throw in the bypass for my N5 is working just like stated for the N4. I have seen other posts stating that N5 is like the N2 bypass (soldering the jumper under label) and that method did not work for me

now if i could get the video working on my ipod classic 160 ill be happy

hey did u ever find out how u see the video off ya ipod... i need that same help.... n e info will help....

• 5 months later...

the way to make the reconize the classic 160GB, plug in a 4th generation NANO, or a IPhone 3G....Not sure what makes it work, but,it made it work in mine, and let my 3rd generation NANO work.......but, it wont charge the Classic 160gb. and if it stops working....plus the nano or iphone back in...and it make it work again

and My last post for the bypass, Ive had it dont to mine for over a year, never had any issues

• 4 weeks later...

This forum absolutely rocks!

If you did this hack and it does not work for you....YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG! EITHER THAT OR THE CONNECTION CAME LOOSE!

It's so simple that I screwed up the first time, thinking it can't be that easy. Just like how everyone else does it, ground parking brake wire form the rca harness, move guide-on wire (yellow/blk stripe) to different location (pin is on opposite side of the nav connection <-this is where I screwed up as there are two sets of balck wires with an empty slot in the middle) and away you go. I connected the guide-on wire (after moving it) to the parking brake wire, then grounded them both to the black ground wire in the harness. Works like a charm. This was done on an N5 with a build date of Sept. 2008.

If you have problems later on, SOMETHING CAME LOOSE! The unit will NOT LEARN about the hack.

Thank you AVIC411!

If anyone is having problems, shoot me an email or pm.