AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

I have confirmed that changing the parking_break_speed value in the DATA.zip file (/project_config/pioneer.ini) does in fact bypass the video/gps restriction without changing any wiring. I set the value to 128.0 (thought it odd that they picked 16, so I assumed they were using the standard 1,2,4,8,16 binary notation so I chose a number that would fit in that series, hence 128).

I know this works because I just installed this unit 2 days ago and did NOT use any bypass. With the change made to the ini file, I can now enjoy video while traveling up to 128 MPH :D

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome find! Good to know it can be done via software as well. Although I'm sure this one would net even more noobish questions than the hardware bypass already does... :lol:

True, until we can find an easier WinCE bootup method.

I tried decompiling the test mode files, but cannot since they were compiled as WinCE apps.

They cannot be difficult programs to work with. Maybe we could even make our own. It just takes time...

this is an awesome find...mostly because i dont wanna fool around with the unit..i got it installed and they wont do the bypass.

now i hate to be a pain...but could anyone explain how to apply this? can anyone upload the revised file with the higher speed limit and explain how to do it? id rather do this than the wire method...but i dont know how to go about it...if anyone could that be awesome :-)

Damn, I just put together my harness last night and I'm going to install this tomorrow. This would have been so much easier, but oh well, I've got it all set up for the hardware bypass so I might as well.

Nice find though, loving the way the hacking community is growing up around this unit and can't wait to actually install and use it.