AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

ullull,

I am not 100% sure if you need to ground the parking brake lead in conjunction with the software mod, but I believe you must.If it is in fact mandatory, I'm sure someone will chime in. Having said that, I finally successfully did it today(mine is the F90, just like yours), and will share with you how:

From what I have read on this forum, you can either do one or the other, hardware mod or software. That being said, in both cases I believe you MUST ground the parking brake (green) lead. If you want to enjoy video while in motion, you cannot hook the parking brake wire to the actual parking brake.

This is the constant.

From there, you can either: Add to the equation grounding the mute (yellow/black) lead, but it must first be moved from its original pin location. Take it out of where it is(farthest pin on one end), and move it to [opposite row, count 4 in from the same end]. Here is a rough diagram- *******O

****N***

where O is the original location, and N is where you are to relocate it.(the rows are depending from your point of view, i.e. which way the connector is turned. All you need to know is that from wherever you take it out, it goes on the OPPOSITE side, 4th one in.

OR, you can simply do the software mod. This is where you can seek verification, but as I understand it, the parking brake lead MUST STILL BE GROUNDED. You can find how to do this by searching the mod faq on the forum's wiki. Basically you need to download the testmode rar, unzip it, and place the two folders onto an EMPTY SD card. when you boot your AVIC with the SD card in the slot, you will automatically tap into the Windows CE environment within your AVIC. You need to go into the MY FLASH DISK folder, and from there, its APL2 > IGO > DATA.ZIP > project_config > pioneer.ini. Scroll down, and change the line: parking_brake_speed=16.0 to parking_brake_speed=128.0(use this number to stay within the binary code, just in case it is mandatory). once you change that, shut off your AVIC and reboot without the SD card in it, and you should be good to go. You can also simply copy the entire MY FLASH DISK to your SD card and make your change on your computer, then go back into the Windows CE of the AVIC and rename the original DATA.ZIP something else, and copy the new DATA.ZIP in its place. Either way is fine, but I strongly suggest you make a back up first!! To do this, simply copy the MY FLASH DISK onto the SD card and unload it onto your computer. DON'T SKIP THIS!! If anything were to go wrong, you can always use your back up!! Otherwise you can end up with a bricked unit, and that would be bad :D .

Of course, you can try to do this without first grounding the parking brake lead, who knows maybe it will work. I have not read a thread anywhere that specifically said that it does not. If it doesn't, no harm no foul, you can always ground it later. Maybe you will get lucky and not have to open your bezel at all.If this is the case, please share it with the forum.

I know the frustration involved in this, I thought I would never get it, but today I surprised myself and got it, and it's awesome. And all I did was follow the threads. If you are having trouble, you can email me, or even email me for my number as I would be glad to walk you through it and share my happiness at success. I know how to do this step by step no worries, and if you need clarification on any of these steps, let me know. jalessandro362@yahoo.com. Good luck and let me know how it works out!

Jay

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the software mod. I don't know if the installer grounded out the brake wire, or moved pins. I didn't do the install. I believe I heard the manager to tell him to move a wire. It's quite possible. However, the speed mod for the parking brake has been set to 255 and works just fine. DVD plays and all nav functions are accessible while in motion.

My question is, "Now, how do I get rid of that stupid nav warning sign with each start up?" The other day on out of state deliveries, I must have had to turn it off 40+ times. It's another pain. Thanks for any input.

Harvey G.

So I just bought a 90bt and had it installed at a local car toys. When i was there picking it out the sales guy mentioned how it will be grounded to my ebrake and has a movement detection and under his breath said that it can all be bypassed but they cant do any of it. So as soon i got home i started googleing. At first i was totaly lost as what to do to be able to watch movies and use the nav while in motion. but after reading through this forum i slowly figured it all out and was able to alter the data file and find the ground wire and ground it to my truck instead of the ebrake. and now i have a fully functional while in motion 90bt. I just want to say thank you to all who posted helpful posts.

to ground the green parking break lead, can i just splice it into the harnesses black ground lead?

I originally installed the brake wire to the brake. The trick to the software mod is to lift your brake up one click and you then have full access to any menu or video while in motion. the nice feature is that if you get the urge to stop working the system that way you just drop your ebrake and the system will lock you out(until you lift it again!)

the only issue this would bring up is now you have an e-brake light on! Big whoop, just remove the light or wait for it to burn out!

I originally installed the brake wire to the brake. The trick to the software mod is to lift your brake up one click and you then have full access to any menu or video while in motion. the nice feature is that if you get the urge to stop working the system that way you just drop your ebrake and the system will lock you out(until you lift it again!)

the only issue this would bring up is now you have an e-brake light on! Big whoop, just remove the light or wait for it to burn out!

thanks for the reply. but i don't really want to play with my ebrake that way.

i just want to know the following: to ground the green parking break lead, can i just splice it into the harnesses black ground lead?

I'm about to do this, and i've searched the forum, but I can't find images of what the parking break lead looks like. I can find info on the mute wire, but not what i'm looking for. So basically, if I take the green parking break lead, and unhook it from the parking break (I got install done at Best Buy, so I assume it is hooked up that way), all I need to do is ground it to somewhere on the metal frame, right?

Will I need to pull out the dash to access this? I drive an SUV, so the parking break is under where the other pedals are. I'm hoping I can just find it looking up there...

hey i wanted to know "can you use 1 sd card to backup your system and store the mods??" or should u use two seperate ones??

You could use one card, as long as it has enough storage available. Just make sure you remember what goes where and which folder has the backup...

One thing to keep in mind. The parking break speed in "parking_break_speed=16.0" is in Kilometers per hour. If you set it to 128, the functions that the bypass enables will be blacked out at 80 mph. I changed mine to 256 as while I don't often drive over 80 mph, I want the full functionality if I do. Also, at least on the F500, I thoroughly disagree with those who claim you just need to ground the parking break wire. Unless you change the "parking_break_speed=16.0" speed to a greater value, you might as well not even bother grounding the parking break wire as those functions that the bypass enables won't be available over 10 mph.