AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

Confirmed working on stock EU version of F910BT(3.01)

Used value of 160.0 and wiring is standard (SpeedSense and handbrake cable connected as per stock install).

Handbrake no longer kills video or navigation functions.

Many thanks for this mod.

Realize that this value is not in MPH so you may want to set the value a little higher.

Believe me, 160 km/h is not slow. I wouldn't dare looking at the Pioneer at that speed too often.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this is probably a ridiculous noob question but here goes- I feel pretty comfortable doing other mods but for some reason this software bypass is giving me trouble. I've successfully changed my image.res (props to the Apple Theme!) but can't locate the file to change the speed setting. It seems I don't have a data.zip folder. On the unit (F700-bt), I have a data folder but can't find data.zip...

OK, this is probably a ridiculous noob question but here goes- I feel pretty comfortable doing other mods but for some reason this software bypass is giving me trouble. I've successfully changed my image.res (props to the Apple Theme!) but can't locate the file to change the speed setting. It seems I don't have a data.zip folder. On the unit (F700-bt), I have a data folder but can't find data.zip...

I have the exact same issue... when i had the 2.0 running on my f700bt I was able to get into the win ce but no data.zip folder exited in there....

so now I went ahead and installed the 2.06 update and now i cant get into win ce via the testmode files i had before.

can someone please give me a link to working testmode files for thE US/CAN units that will let me get into win ce on 2.06 update please... i looked around and couldn't find any!

I did the software bypass, and grounded my parking brake wire to the frame of the car where there is contact, but my stereo complains that the parking brake wire isn't installed correctly (or something to that effect).

What am I doing wrong, and does it have something to do with the softmod, or is it an independent problem?

Also, I used the data file that someone else made. It puts the value at "256.0" I was surprised to see the ".0" at the end. Is this correct?

btw, if this is a binary thing, 255 would be a much better choice because 256 takes two bytes. 255 is the biggest number that fits in one byte, so if there is only 1 byte allocated for the number, it could exceed the limit and change a byte somewhere else in the program.

*note: I don't know if this number even has to be binary-friendly in the first place.

I did the software bypass, and grounded my parking brake wire to the frame of the car where there is contact, but my stereo complains that the parking brake wire isn't installed correctly (or something to that effect).

What am I doing wrong, and does it have something to do with the softmod, or is it an independent problem?

Also, I used the data file that someone else made. It puts the value at "256.0" I was surprised to see the ".0" at the end. Is this correct?

btw, if this is a binary thing, 255 would be a much better choice because 256 takes two bytes. 255 is the biggest number that fits in one byte, so if there is only 1 byte allocated for the number, it could exceed the limit and change a byte somewhere else in the program.

*note: I don't know if this number even has to be binary-friendly in the first place.

It's a nice floating point number, as far as anybody knows. It is usually entered as 256.0 because original Pioneer data has it at 16.0 and people, historically, would put other powers of 2 in there...

Do I have to edit the DATA file myself (does my file have some kind of unique number (doubt it )) or can I use one that anyone prepared?

the 'noob' a few pages ago whom put the the install procedure (with his footnotes) included a DATA file in his procedure. I used that DATA file.

It says 128.0 inside it, but maybe he did it wrong.

My symptoms are: complains about brake wire not being installed correctly after a certain speed, and disabling video, and gps text input.

I have the brake wire grounded. I have the file in place (but it might be an improperly edited one).

• 2 weeks later...