AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

I have overwrite my modded data.zip with the existing one via testmode but it dont work. The brake-needed buttons are still not available.

Is there something more i have to do ?

Did you not read the FAQs or any of the other posts? Even with the software bypass, you still have to disconnect the parking brake sense wire and then ground it.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gone through the Faq,

and im shameful to say it, but here's another newbie trying to figure a couple of things out.

I read somewhere that if you have a US version the software mod doesn't work, unless you do the wire trick.

I have a european F9110BT, what if i were to do the software modification, what functions would i gain without having to add the handbrake? And not do the wire trick?

The only thing that bothers me is using the system to add or change routes.

Any chance this would work with just adjusting the file?

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

I'm brand new to this forum and let me first say what a great resource this is. I've been reading up on the posts to mod my system for the parking brake override and have learned something in the process. I figured I would share this information and adding a post would assist someone else in a similar predicament.

(Note: For the context of this post, I define "archive" as the compilation of compressed files belonging to one package.)

Anyway, I've read where you SHOULD NOT decompress the DATA.ZIP archive to modify the "pioneer.ini" file and then try to create another DATA.ZIP archive. As one user put it: "bad things will happen." I can confirm that in fact, this is the case. I've read where the recommended procedure is to simply view the contents in the WinZip GUI window and edit it from there. Herein lies my problem, I have a MacBook running Mac OS X 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard) and WinZip does not run on it. I've looked for other GUI Zip utilities and have only found "Springy" but after reading reviews, I opted to not install this package.

After giving it some thought, I realized that when someone edits a file in the WinZip window, they're actually decompressing that individual file, making the modification, and then re-compressing/adding it back to the archive. Well, you can do this from the command line. Simply follow these steps:

[Note]

1. Open a Terminal window and go to where you have the DATA.ZIP archive to be modified stored

2. Type: unzip -l DATA.ZIP |more

- This allows you to view the contents of the DATA.ZIP archive

3. Type: unzip DATA.ZIP project_config/pioneer.ini

- This decompresses the pioneer.ini file only and allows you to edit it

4. Use emacs, vi, or your favorite command line text editing tool to modify the parking brake parameter

- You may be able to modify this file with a GUI text editor, although I didn't try one myself

5. Type: zip -X DATA.ZIP project_config/pioneer.ini

- This compresses the file and adds it back to the archive

- CAUTION: It's absolutely crucial to include the "-X" option when you zip the file back to the archive. This inhibits the extended attributes from being set. Failure to do this will result in the AVIC being unable to open/write to the DATA.ZIP archive. Trust me; I spent A LOT of time figuring this out...

6. Follow the rest of the well-documented steps to upload your new DATA.ZIP archive

This procedure eliminated the "bad things will happen" syndrome my system had when I tried decompressing the entire archive and the parking brake mod is working, as expected. I hope this helps those Mac users who, like myself, refuses to use a PC!

Comment/Corrections? Feel free to chime in...

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
I have confirmed that changing the parking_break_speed value in the DATA.zip file (/project_config/pioneer.ini) does in fact bypass the video/gps restriction without changing any wiring. I set the value to 128.0 (thought it odd that they picked 16, so I assumed they were using the standard 1,2,4,8,16 binary notation so I chose a number that would fit in that series, hence 128).

I know this works because I just installed this unit 2 days ago and did NOT use any bypass. With the change made to the ini file, I can now enjoy video while traveling up to 128 MPH :D

I have the update SD card from Pioneer. I was able to find the data.zip file and made a change on the ini file to the parking speed to 128. However, , when I put the SD card to the F500, it did not reboot to install, the unit still just turn on normally C(the unit is already updated its software to version 2.006). Could you tell me what should I do to get it to work?

found the step in page 10 of this thread.

• 2 months later...

I have confirmed that changing the parking_break_speed value in the DATA.zip file (/project_config/pioneer.ini) does in fact bypass the video/gps restriction without changing any wiring. I set the value to 128.0 (thought it odd that they picked 16, so I assumed they were using the standard 1,2,4,8,16 binary notation so I chose a number that would fit in that series, hence 128).

I know this works because I just installed this unit 2 days ago and did NOT use any bypass. With the change made to the ini file, I can now enjoy video while traveling up to 128 MPH :D

can any body tell me how to change the parking brake speed from 16 to a higher value i dont know if i have to do it from the actual nav unit or do i have to copy the file on an sd rewright the line and then loaded back to the nav

Mitch,

You need to take the time to search this forum. There is a plethora of information concerning your very question and there's really no need to repeat it here...

Joe

• 4 months later...

I had to read through 20 pages on this thread to get all the steps I needed for my AVIC-F500BT. So here are the steps in one post for anyone needing it. Thanks for this mod, it worked great on my unit.

Avic F500

Note: Get into Windows mode using testmode. Save a copy of your oringnal My Flash Disk files incase you need to revert back.

1) Copy My Flash Disk files from your pioneer unit to an SD card. Then copy the My Flash Disk files fron your SD card to your pc.

2) Using the copy you just put on your computer navigate to \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\data.zip\project_config

3) Copy the pioneer.ini file to any folder on your desktop so you can edit it in note pad. Do not unzip the data file.

4) Open the pioneer.ini file with notepad and edit the "parking_break_speed=16.0" to "parking_break_speed=128.0"

5) Save file by clicking on File\Save As, makes sure you change the "Save As Type" to "All Files" and name the file pioneer.ini, this will save it as the correct file type.

6) Copy and paste the file you just saved (pioneer.ini) back in to the \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\data.zip\project_config location. It should ask you if you would like to replace the exisiting file, if you've copied it to the correct location.

7) Now copy the data zip file from your pc (\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\data.zip\project_config) to your SD card \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\project_config on your SD card.

8 ) Install the SD card in your unit and boot to Windows CE.

9) Copy data.zip file (\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\data.zip\project_config) from your SD card to the \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\data.zip\project_config in your system folder on your pioneer unit.

10) Shutdown unit, remove SD card and reboot.

11) If done correctly you should be good to go. The parking brake does need to be grounded if you're using the optional amp accessory for the AVIC-F500BT

And just so you know - in case you haven't figured it out or been told - you can use ANY number for the parking_brake_speed=. It is not binary based. It is the speed in kilometers. You could use 58 or 158. It's up to you. Just thought you'd like to know. I use 120. Most have used 256.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to read through 20 pages on this thread to get all the steps I needed for my AVIC-F500BT. So here are the steps in one post for anyone needing it. Thanks for this mod, it worked great on my unit.

Thanks midwestls! I did the same and your post was the one that finally lead me in the right direction! Works great on my F90BT!