AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jasonnorm, is this a true bypass, or just a work around? Are you still having to push in the park brake a little to get this to truly work?

This hack works for me, but I still have to push in the park break one notch to get the warning screen to disappear which in turn sets off an alarm that my park brake is on for as long as the car is moving. This is not a problem in older cars, but today's cars scream at you about everything.

Anyone else having this problem?

^^^^ you need to ground your Pbrake wire (the green one) and then you shouldnt get this message

I got it working, with 1 catch, i think that number (128, 16 ect.) is how many Km/hr, which makes sense because 16km/hr is rite around 10mph

i only realized this because i inadvertantly hit a little over 80 today and it gave me a warning and limited my options (128km/hr = roughly 80mph)

i am going to leave it at 128 though because if i am travelling over 80 i really dont think i need to be messing with my navi....just thought you guys would like to know that!

ok question, just got my avic f900 yesterday did the hard wire bypass but video stop showing after about 10mph i understand i have to do the software change but my thing already has the udate does that matter.. cuz i was readying the update wont work if u already have it installed

If your getting locked out at 10 miles per hour your bypass is not done correctly. Check your connections and wires. The hard wire bypass and the soft bypass are NOT combined. Its either one or the other. Its your choice. The update is not a factor and has no bearing at all.

ok question, just got my avic f900 yesterday did the hard wire bypass but video stop showing after about 10mph i understand i have to do the software change but my thing already has the udate does that matter.. cuz i was readying the update wont work if u already have it installed

if the wire bypass isnt working then its not done correctly

I just had my data.zip file changed with the software bypass by another hacker and it didnt work on my AVIC-F500BT. Also, I know it was installed correctly because I had Vorians settings and all those got changed back to stock once I installed the new data.zip file in my unit. I think its pretty safe to say it doesnt work on the 500BT.

Just for reference, I had the parking brake wired.

I can bypass it if I lightly set the parking brake but thats not the point of this thread.

can sum1 help me , i got a question do i change the data files on the nav system, or on my computer cuz i cant change anything on my computer

You go into windows mode and copy the files onto your SD card then make the changes on your computer. Then you rename the origina file to _____-bak and add the new file in under the original file's name

thanks so pretty much it opens up in notepad i change it to 128 or whatever save it whereever nd then transfer back into that folder and remove the old one and save it as a back up

plz correct me if i am wrong .,.. thanks for ewverything

well open the directory on your desktop, copy and paste the file you have to change onto your desktop, open it in notepad, change it, save, rename the original file that you copied ________-bak ( the _____ is of course the file name) and drag the new file back into the directory, just make sure it had the same file name as the original. That way, when the unit searches for that file, it reads the modded one and not the real one. Then you put it back into your unit via SD