AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so offically i am an idiot if anyone has a working bypass on the f900 can u tell me how u got it ...cuz i went to my device transwered everything to my sd card went to apl2/igo/data/project_config/pioneer nd change it to 256 then i save it on desktop moved it to folder renamed old one back-up then the new one the name of the older file then i went bck to the car went to win ce copyed all filed back then i resart the car nd no luck /..... so if anyone got this working can u plz help

so i really hate to be a noob on this...but i have 2 questions...i found the .ini file, i change the number to 128.0, but it wont allow me to save it, only as a txt document. how do i save the changes on the this?

and my second question is...i assume since this bypass allows you to view video while driving, it allows you to do the other things that are restricted with it? such as inputting addresses in the nav and searching poi's?

Guys,

please understand. I spent hours on this after reading someone's breakthrough that they got this to work by just cjanging that INI file. The fact is you need to not only change the INI file but also ground the Parking brake wire.

Also, once the DVD is bypassed I am sure other features that were parking brake dependent will be turned ON.

Guys,

please understand. I spent hours on this after reading someone's breakthrough that they got this to work by just cjanging that INI file. The fact is you need to not only change the INI file but also ground the Parking brake wire.

Also, once the DVD is bypassed I am sure other features that were parking brake dependent will be turned ON.

I didnt ground the parking brake wire because the person who wrote this mod stated it didnt have to be done. If you got it to work by grounding the parking brake then I may give it another shot. Its just a pain in the ass to get to my parking brake wire in my car.

Just to let you know after editing you save the file from notebook to lets say your desktop and keep it an .ini file. To do this when saving click instead of the default ".txt file" on the bottom, change it to all files and then put .ini after the name of the file (pioneer) for me.

EX_____

pioneer.ini

and then save it and it will look exactly like the file you just edited.

And for a coupla of you savvy guys how do i boot the f900bt into windows mode?

Hello. I have been reading a lot in the last couple of days. And it's incredible the level of information and hability shown in this Board.

Im sorry about my english. I am not a native speaker...

Anyways... to the point.

I am going to purchase this week. Probably at Ebay (6th ave) the F90BT. And of course I want to have the bypass done. I would prefer to do the software one but i have two problems/questions.

1. I am going to get it installed in Circuit City. It's a good company to yell at if it doesnt come out right. Does a "by the book" installation ground the parking cable (whatever that means) that everybody here is saying that's necessary to have this working?

2. I know is not the right Subforum to ask this but it's a quick question. The boot up time of the 900BT and the 90BT are the same?

Thanks a lot for your help

Alejandro