AVIC411.com

Plug and Play games

• 3 weeks later...

I have them split with my ipod, and select video or ipod when I want to use either one.

Ipod works fine the game sound is good but the image does not refresh, and depending on how fast I put power to the game it will come on the screen scrambled and sometimes not, other times in black and white. but again never refreshes just stays on that same screen. I unplug the vidoe and re-plug it... again carefully cause more often than not it shows up scrambled. the screen image is at the moment of connection and stays there.

I'm leaning toward a grounding issue, but I used a VW harness and installed at future shop.

• 9 months later...
I have them split with my ipod, and select video or ipod when I want to use either one.

Ipod works fine the game sound is good but the image does not refresh, and depending on how fast I put power to the game it will come on the screen scrambled and sometimes not, other times in black and white. but again never refreshes just stays on that same screen. I unplug the vidoe and re-plug it... again carefully cause more often than not it shows up scrambled. the screen image is at the moment of connection and stays there.

I'm leaning toward a grounding issue, but I used a VW harness and installed at future shop.

Bumping this question up...

Wondering if AvidAVic79, or anyone else for that matter, has gotten a 'plug n' play' game unit to work?

HP

I went a little bit old school with my F900, but I have a Super Nintendo hooked up to mine and it works great. Playing Mario Kart during rush hour passes the time nicely. :twisted:

That's awesome... How did you get it to input in? IIRC, the older systems all had coaxial cables to input to the TV's.

i have had the same problem with those PnP games.. i have a few different ones at the shop and all of them do exactly like u said no screen refresh.. i tried using the aux input in the front.. doesnt make sense..

I just had a thought... is it the way the technology is? Forgive me, it's only noon on a Monday and I'm not well-versed, or did any research.

The way traditional TVs display info, versus LCD screen, versus HD/progressive scan? Has that got anything to do with it?

I did try plugging in a video camera into the video input and it worked fine, as did an old lap top that actually had a RCA out... (random).

For some reason, the PnP games do not refresh if you plug them in...

I don't know about your problem but the SuperNES does have a composite RCA output (yellow, red, white RCA plugs). It uses the same cable as the N64 I believe.

Ah... did not know that. Interesting.

Maybe it's time to source and old skool game system... LOL.

• 3 weeks later...

You must be sure to run different video sources into different inputs OR must use a switcher on the inputs so that only one input is going into the source at any time. DO NOT USE A 'Y' CABLE. This might work for audio. It will not work for video. At least not properly. Problems will surely ensue. Use a switcher for video. Even Walmart sells a 4 in, 1 out unit. This should work. Good luck.

You must be sure to run different video sources into different inputs OR must use a switcher on the inputs so that only one input is going into the source at any time. DO NOT USE A 'Y' CABLE. This might work for audio. It will not work for video. At least not properly. Problems will surely ensue. Use a switcher for video. Even Walmart sells a 4 in, 1 out unit. This should work. Good luck.

Are you sure? Because I had my video camera and iPod hooked up in the same input using a "Y" cable and it worked fine...