AVIC411.com

Speed Dependent Volume Control (SDVC)

In despite of all great hacks/mods applied to my F900BT, I am still missing the speed dependent volume control which I had on my previous radio. I believe the HU has all ingredients available (current speed, current volume, ability to change volume) to support this feature.

Is there anyone (Stephanie....?) who has an idea on how to implement this? Is it do-able?

I really hope there is a way to implement it, as the volume annoyes me everytime entering or leaving the highways.

Anymore persons looking for this feature?

I found a setting for this. It was really buried but I'm pretty sure it was in there. There were 2 sliders, one for minimum speed and one for maximum. I'll check it out next time I get a chance.

Those slider are for the nav voice volume, which CAN be speed dependant (and works very well). What Giessen is looking for is speed dependant AUDIO. Wish I could offer a solution, but I'm sure our resident hacking crew will figure it out eventually!... 8)

-Eric

I found a setting for this. It was really buried but I'm pretty sure it was in there. There were 2 sliders, one for minimum speed and one for maximum. I'll check it out next time I get a chance.

Those slider are for the nav voice volume, which CAN be speed dependant (and works very well). What Giessen is looking for is speed dependant AUDIO. Wish I could offer a solution, but I'm sure our resident hacking crew will figure it out eventually!... 8)

-Eric

Ok, wasn't sure which that was for.

• 2 weeks later...

I know there's a way to read the speed from the nav unit. I also know there's a script control to turn volume up/down. I wonder if someone can write a quickie script that would increase the volume as speed increases and reduce the volume as speed decreases. It really should not be that hard to do given all the other hacks I've seen. Stephanie? Any ideas??

Stephanie hasn't been working on the F lately, she's been busy with other things. The problem with writing the script, is what's the ratio for speed/volume increase? For the hackers on here, I'm sure it's easy to put a script together, but how do you keep it in moderation so it doesn't max volume at 30mph? The only way I can see it working is in script language, say something like "for every 3 mph increase, increase volume by 1" or something like that.

It's going to be a while (a long while) before we have control of this aspect of the system's functionality. Right now our ability to customize is limited to mostly aesthetics, and almost everything we've done relates to the navigation component (which is just one sub-section of the system). Controlling something like system wide volume requires access to the core functionality of the unit, and we're not even close to getting that.

Without Pioneer's development tools, I personally doubt that something like this will ever be possible.