AVIC411.com

Quick DTV converter question

I finally got around to putting in my DTV converter. I havent taken any pics yet but i'll be sure to get them up asap. I ended up going with the zenith that we sell at my work because it has a nice clean black look to it and it is also small. I did have to hook it to my inverter though because it had no option of dc, only ac. Anyways, what is the best antennas you guys have found? Right now i just picked up a cheap phillips hd antenna from walmart for about $10 and it cuts out pretty bad once I get moving.

Thanks in advance.

Kenny

an not sure a regular off the shelf/store antenna will get you good reception while in motion. I had a diversity antenna setup in mine but of course it will be useless in a few months (I got rid of it). I am looking for a dtv solution but yet to find one one that does any good while moving.

Maybe someone else here know where we can find a decent antenna.

sorry, I could't help much

It cuts out cause that is just the way digital TV is. You get it or you don't. Everything blocks the signal. Trees, people, buildings etc. That is why you can't find any mobile ones yet. I think in car TV is a dead issue now. I think the next step will be a carputer with a wireless 3g card and streaming video over the net.

I spent a lot of time looking into an option for DTV in the car. The technology is there but nobody is building it yet. They are still argueing over it. Supposedly they are working on a "MPH" reciever that works up to 120mph. Who knows if we'll ever see it. There are some recievers made in other countries that "might" work but I never found enough info to be sure, so I havent picked one up yet. They seem to work on the same frequencies that are in use in the US (some of the recievers I saw) but again like I said Im not 100% sure if any would work and I didnt want to blow $$$ not being sure. They were really hard to find reguardless. In the US they'll probably make you buy it like the sirius kids TV etc etc. Always out to rip people off making them pay for stuff thats free.

This company has the first one I have seen. I have their pricelist if anyone wants it. Their prices are awesome for what you get. China brand is China brand but hell most of everything is made their now anyways.

I think the price was $95 and it is not pictured on the website. It is advertised as good up to 45km so far. I have a full PDF file catalog of there stuff with prices.

john.rothen@sikorsky.com

their website is http://www.vcan.cc/

well I couldnt get that site to work (wierd msg when clicking links) but thats exactly the stuff I was talking about. Id want to be 100% sure it would work in the US before I got one and who knows if they are even any good even if they do work (how well) and its hard to find somewhere to order etc etc

The 200km your looking at is for Europe & Colombia digital TV not US. DVB is not the same as the US.

We need the ATSC-1201 made by VCAN.

ATSC is replacing NTSC in the states.

Has anyone yet tried and posted the results of a home system yet. I read one post but the person never came back to post the results

I did find an ATSC tuner at one point smokenjet. Thats what I was saying. Its hard to find took me forever and then its some foreign site that I cant even get a real price for thew thing on and cant figure out how to order. Then even if I do order one who knows if it'll even work. I did see a couple though atsc not dvb