AVIC411.com

They all seem to run the same software...

One word of caution - I was not able to successfully edit settings.ui in windows notepad. The file is 92kB and I suspect that notepad was doing something unusual with it. Every attempt I made to edit the file resulted in my nav unit failing to boot. If you have some other way of editing text files, use that instead. I edited that one in Textwrangler on the Macintosh then transfered it into windows and into the data.zip and it worked fine, so the problem is definately with notepad.

Stephanie, I use EditPad Lite for all of the txt editing I've been doing. Check it out... http://www.editpadpro.com/editpadlite.html

It's a very useful txt editor for Windows.

You need to comment those lines out and add one below them, so it now looks like this:
;---746 or 749?
;runif vBetaMode "0" sc_rs_746init
;else_run sc_rs_749init
run sc_rs_749init

That will force the route settings screen into the F500 mode, then you will have the option to disable the snap-to-road function.

I would think it would be more interesting to have 700-900 models also show options available in 500 as well. The major (only) difference in scripts that are called to init here is that 749 brings up ui_SettingRoute2 layer from setting_800_480.ui file, and 746 brings ui_SettingRoute layer instead.

I can't test it in the car right now (too rainy ;) but adding these lines:

to ui_SettingRoute layer (and possibly adjusting positions of other control elements) should allos 746 models to turn snap-to-road off.

Hey Stephanie for the msnd if you can get a serial number i think 16 digit for it then you can try and register it and see if it works. i beleive that part would be all coded in the unit but the actual dvd player function i think the reading lense would be different. I would be kinda pissed off if that function worked in the 700 because i payed extra for that function in the 900 haha.

I would think it would be more interesting to have 700-900 models also show options available in 500 as well. The major (only) difference in scripts that are called to init here is that 749 brings up ui_SettingRoute2 layer from setting_800_480.ui file, and 746 brings ui_SettingRoute layer instead.

Looking further in the setting file... Looks like our scripting friends commented out but did not remove quite a few extra setting options (that would've at least made sense if they wanted to save memory).

There are settings there for building visibility (in addition to landmarks), Speedcamera warnings (I think this was requested here many times), extra MSN settings, Car Type selection etc.

I'm going to see if I can hack some of these in tomorrow... but if anyone gets them in before me, I'm all ears... :)

Sorry - I forgot there were 3 more lines to comment out:

;runif nVehicle 5 'rdkeepposon.enable, rdkeepposoff.enable'
;else_runif nVehicle 6 'rdkeepposon.enable, rdkeepposoff.enable'
;else_run 'rdkeepposon.disable, rdkeepposoff.disable'

When those lines are not commented, they disable the keep gps on road unless your vehicle is a bike or pedestrian. Comment them out to enable the buttons for all vehicles.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...