AVIC411.com

Numerical Zoom Scale?

I've been looking through the executable and found two possibilities. I'll test them in the morning.

There is a "ZOOM" command/variable, which I'm going to try accessing as map.ZOOM (based on the zoombar being map.ZOOMCONTROL).

There is also a "nZoomLevel" variable. I'll see if either of them produce any output. It's possible that even if we find a variable, it won't give us a friendly output, just a relative integer (like the heading does). Although that might be good enough, if you don't need the actual scale, just a relative number.

Either way I'll let you know what I find.

Well I tried those variables this morning, and it didn't pitch any errors, but it didn't display anything either.

This means that either the variables I guessed at don't actually exist, or that the textmodel I used is incorrect for the type of data in the variables.

I'll test again with different textmodels and see if anything turns up. I'm sure there must be a way to display something, it's just a matter of finding the right variable and matching textmodel.

Cheers!

I'm going to give up on this one.. I've tried every variable I can think of, every combination of textmodel I can think of, and nothing comes up at all.

At this stage, I don't think there is a way to access the data. I know the data is in there, of course, but there doesn't seem to be a way to display it other than the zoombar.

Of all the variables I tried, I thought these had the most potential:

map.zoom_level_in_map

map.zoom_level_in_navigate

map.zoomlevel

Unfortunately none of the textmodels revealed any data for me, nor any of the text methods. I have a feeling that the data is in some format that there's no text method for - the zoom is a very 'smooth' zoom, instead of large discrete steps, so it's probably a hex or binary thing...like 8 bits or 16 bits or something along those lines.

Thinking of the way the zoombar reacted, it didn't just change text headings over a fixed-width scale, but the scale indicators changed size and the text headings moved around accordingly - so perhaps the best we could have hoped for would be a hex readout, like 1A or 4F or whatever...

So I'm giving up - conceding defeat on this one. ;) Same as with the car heading in degrees - for now I think it simply doesn't exist in there in a format we can use.

edited to add:

If I am correct, this is something that the iGo programmers would have to add - either a textmodel_hex model, or add a full_text method to the appropriate variable. Ditto for car heading, we have navigate.car_heading but the programmers would have to add a .full_text method that would perform the (simple) maths to turn the integer into a degrees readout.