AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Variable/Function Reference Library

I've been thinking it would be a good idea to catalog the available variables and functions for a while, so here goes.

The purpose of this thread is to list the valid variables and functions that can be used for modifying the appearance or performance of the navigation system. As such, it will be split into two sections (thanks for the suggestion Stephanie), one for variables, and one for functions. If you have any data to add, post it in a reply and I will amend it to the listing.

Here we go!

Display Variables

navigation.eta_at_destination Displays the ETA at the end point destination

Example:

navigation.current_speed_limit.full_text Displays speed limit of the current road you are traveling on.

Example:

Control Variables

visiblemodel Can be used to control the display of elements on the map screen based on the system status.

Valid conditions:

navigation.has_route - object will only be displayed if an active route is programmed.

Example:

Functions

It seems to me that there's an awful lot of button-pressing just to get anything done. It is possible to make a shortcut button to get from the map screen to virtually any other navigation / iGo screen, if you know the trick. Personally, I use the Favorites a lot, and it was annoying to have to push Menu, then Destination, then Favorites. (No wonder they want you to be in Park to do anything - you have to press so many buttons and read so many screens!)

In the example below, I'm going to make a display function (specifically, the Clock) become a clickable button by adding a bit of code to the end of it.

This last bit here: onrelease='run sc_FindAddress' makes the clock something you can click, and when you click it, it launches the Destination / Find By Address screen. By adding an onrelease='' to any text you can make it clickable. You can add it to sprites too (although technically I think you should turn the SPRITE into a BUTTON when you do that.) You can even add your own clickable Text and Buttons, you aren't limited to just making existing stuff clickable.

What follows, are a list of things you can do with this trick. (This is not a comprehensive list - just a few things I've found useful.)

Show the GPS Status Screen: onrelease='nextstate st_SettingGPS'

Go to the Settings menu: onrelease='nextstate st_navisettings'

Go to the Find By Address screen: onrelease='run sc_FindAddress'

Go to the Find By POI screen: onrelease='run sc_FindPOI'

Go to the Find Favorites screen: onrelease='run sc_FindFavorite'

Go to the History screen: onrelease='run sc_FindHistory'

Delete Route: onrelease='run sc_btnARM_Delete_OnRelease'

Show Route Info: onrelease='run sc_btnARM_Info_OnRelease'

Go Home: onrelease='run sc_btnAMM_ReturnHome_OnRelease'

Go to the Manage POI screen: onrelease='run sc_btnAMDM_POI_onRelease'

Go to the MSND main screen: onrelease='nextstate st_MsndMain'

Speak the next navigation command: onrelease='SAYNEXTCOMMAND'

For people wanting to know how to find these things, the answer is simple - just find the menu where there's a function you want to make a shortcut of, look at the related 800_480.ui file, find the button, and see what the onrelease function is. For example, if you want to make a shortcut to the MSND Weather screen, go to data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\msnd_800_480.ui and open that in notepad. Search for 'weather', and find this code:

The onrelease bit is there: onrelease='vIsWorldwideWeatherSelected.set 0, NEXTSTATE st_MsndWeatherList' So, that is the shortcut to get to the MSND weather page.

That is how you find the 'shortcuts' to the various screens within the navigation software.

Cheers!

p.s. you may need to add USESEPARATEDSAFETYMODE=1 (or =0) in addition to the onrelease to make the buttons work - the safety mode thing is what enables / disables clickable buttons based on the parking brake or bypass. I've found mixed results where sometimes the safetymode thing is required and other times it isn't.

Also, you can program things to fire

OnClick -- happens as soon as you press on it.

OnLongClick -- If you've used a touch-screen PDA you know that one. Press and hold a button and after a while something happens.

For example, you could have a button that will take you to favorites if you just click it, but would route you home if you hold it...

If you have the three bars of info displayed on the lower left corner, speed limit is one of the functions you can opt to have put in there. It's under settings, navi settings, visual, displayed info.

Otherwise if you want to add a custom bit of text for it, just use search. The speed limit code has already been posted in this forum, I believe.

In a header section of a UI file you can declare variables.

If you add "registermodel permanent" the variable will be saved by iGO so you can store custom configuration settings.

Setting OnChange handler will run a script every time variable changes

; Just a variable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man the more you dig around in here the more you see how much you can do with these units...

On the nav screen there is a button to pull up what ever audio source you are listening to. With the functions that you have found can we make a button to pull up another audio source.

I skip between AM and Sirius quite a bit and it would save me alot of clicks if I could build a shortcut.

I understand that there are a number of programs running at once here but I thought since there is a button on the nav to bring up current audio source that perhaps we could build a button to bring up another one.. I hope that makes sense.

Well, I _guess_ that might be possible, but note that the audio source button is NOT part of the iGO skin. It is something that AVIC's other software simply draws on top of iGO. Looking at skin files and iGO executable, there are some functions for interfacing with the rest of Pioneer's system, but Pioneer isn't exactly forthcoming with information, and people who make iGO skins would not know what to do with Pioneer-specific stuff...

The audio source overlay is handled through an outside "helper" app, and can't be modified or manipulated the same way the iGO files are. It's an assembled .exe file, so it would take quite a bit more work to modify it (which is too bad, because I would really like to change the looks of it.

pass information through a button for instance I would like to create a button to search for food near gps location. I have found the following:

onrelease='run sc_StartPOISearchAroundGPSQS'

which will bring up the POI categories... how can I pass a vairiable to it so it will automatically search food with no value..showing all food near gps.