AVIC411.com

PAC-SWI-PS, Z-3 and a Lincoln Aviator

I've had this set up for a while now with no problems, but recently noticed something that bothers me. When I listen to the radio (AM or FM), something I rarely do and press track up, my preset stations do not change. Instead, the radio station just moves to the next station. For example, preset 1 is 95.5 and preset 2 is 100.3. If I'm listening to preset 1 (95.5) and press track up, the Z3 does not switch to preset 2 (100.3), instead it goes to 95.7. If I hit it again it goes to 95.9 and so forth. Is my PAC-SWI-PS configured wrong? Also, my track up and track down buttons work fine, but my volume +/- button seems to stick (still talking about my steering wheel buttons configured for my PAC-SWI). Sometimes when I press vol +/- the volume increases/decreases immediately and I can see the volume increase on the Z3 screen. Other times absolutely nothing happens when I press the button and I do not see the volume increasing or decreasing on the screen. What do you guys think may cause this?

Thanks, one more question. Can the PAC-SWI-PS be programmed to actually change the A/V source? Instead of having to press IPod or Library on the screen, can I just press a programmed button on my steering wheel? Where can I find the info on how to do the button assignments? Is it in the PAC-SWI-PS booklet?

I just installed this in my lade and I programmed the Prog button to change av source since its just one button. I then use the source button to run through presets since its an up/down. Volume and seek or track up/down was programmed as usual.

Basically you can program the buttons to your preference, I would reprogram the unit. I think maybe your avaitor buttons a little different than mine but should not matter as you can programed the pac to whatever button you want.