AVIC411.com

Progress Report

1. Got AVIC to show house numbers while travelling down the road. Surprisingly, iGO's xxx.HouseRight variable shows house to the left and vice versa, and TeleAtlas' house numbering seems to be somewhat off (depends on the area, of course). Code is simple, will post when happy with cosmetics.

2. Got SpeedCamera settings to show up and stick. European scripts would've been an easier starting point, but it was a good exercise. WIll post when it matches the rest in style.

3. Got Building visibility settings to show, but does not seem to work yet. Needs more work.

4. Found lots of interesting settings on MSN screens, but could not get them to show yet.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update, sounds like you're making some good progress. I played around with the house numbers today, but like you, I don't like how much it clutters things up. I just wish they were used to give a voice prompt about which side of the road the destination is on. Obviously the data is there, so it's silly not to use it.

What is the building visibility?

Thanks for the update, sounds like you're making some good progress. I played around with the house numbers today, but like you, I don't like how much it clutters things up. I just wish they were used to give a voice prompt about which side of the road the destination is on. Obviously the data is there, so it's silly not to use it.

Yea saying which side the destination is on would be very helpful

Indeed. My Navigon used to say which side of the street destination is on...

I got house numbers more or less where I want them, so I will post code. Still haven't figured out how to put a semitransparent background under them, though, like under the Current street.

Building visibility is the same as 3D landmarks, but for more buildings. I.e. most of Chicago is modeled. Still doesn't quite work...

1. House numbers:

Use navigatemap_800_480.ui attached. Still needs some cosmetic work but better than nothing.

2. Building Visibility:

Use setting_800_480.ui and setting.ui. Still doesn't work tho.

3. Extra MSN info/settings.

Use msnd_800_480.ui and msnd.ui

You _can_ select what grade of gas you want to see for your prices, see service info and much more.

This is purely work in progress, so cosmetics are nonexistent. Does not save gas grade preference yet. On the main MSN Direct screen I made two hidden buttons visible. Left one turns on debug mode, right takes you to diagnostic screens. Config buttons overwrite stuff but are useable.

4. Speed Cameras:

Use the same setting.ui files. I didn't size/position them yet, but they are there. When you activate speed camera warnings you get a legal notice. Obviously you need speed camera files imported.

5. Secondary data folder.

In sys.txt you can add a line:

secondary_root="iGO"

Now, on your SD card create "iGO" folder. Inside create "content" folder. You can put same data as what is in iGO's content folder. I'm not sure yet which ones override one another, but adding the detailed terrain (.DEM) file (one too large to fit on AVIC's flash disk) caused it to draw terrain on the 2D map much more detailed. Too much load for the CPU though sop I'll take it out, I think. You could, theoretically, add voices, POIs etc. there without having to go into testmode and copy to the internal drive...

6. POI icons and visibility.

Find user data folder on your AVIC (it's not in APL2/IGO... it should be somewhere on the top level. Navigate to iGO and insude there will be "save" folder. This is where iGO saves current working settings, and as I understand what is in there takes precedence over everything else.

Interesting file there is POI_VISIBILITIES.TXT

It seems to be structured like tghis:

Primary_Category [optional]] | icon name | visibility.

I.e.:

Contacts|contacts|0 <- Contacts category. Use contacts icon. Not shown

FinanceBankBANK OF AMERICA|poi77|0 <- Finance category, Bank subcategory, icon named poi77, not shown on map.

Petrol_StationPILOT TRAVEL CTR||500 <- This gas station uses default icon for its category.

This should be helpful for two reasons:

a) If you go through all POI categories/subcategories and assign them any random icon, the file will be populated. Then you can use a branding.zip file (like the one I posted before) to assign icons on a computer before taking it back to AVIC.

B) I have a feeling that 500 that it insists on inserting for all gas station is what causes them to always show up on the map. I've replaced them with 0 and will see tomorrow if it makes them go away.

Nothing much to report today... I got my house numbers pretty much where I want them, but for the life of me I can not get a nice background under them. Any hints?

I've just about unlocked the Speed Camera interface. Only need to uncomment one more place where Pioneer commented it out before going to the car next time.

Buildings still do not work.

If you put some iGO color schemes into APL2\IGO\Content\Scheme folder, they will work, as long as they do not refer to bitmaps that are not on the AVIC.

MSN Direct group message and Weather Warnings screens now show, but I haven't seen any content so far...

I've just about unlocked the Speed Camera interface. Only need to uncomment one more place where Pioneer commented it out before going to the car next time.

MSN Direct group message and Weather Warnings screens now show, but I haven't seen any content so far...

So unlocking the Speed Camera interface will allow the unit to work like it does in Europe?

Also what is the Weather Warning screen on MSN Direct? Something in addition to what is already there?

Thanks.

Gas Icons went away, but apparently if you go into Manage POIs and change anything in there, they come back...

I think this is something that needs to be changed in default.vis file, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Yes, once Speed Cameras are enabled it will work like in Europe. At least unless Pioneer excluded the actual functionality form the executable itself...

I don't know what MSN Group Messages and Weather Warnings should show (well, weather warnings probably stuff like tornadoes) but at least the option is unlocked...

Another thing, mostly for fun...

If you put

content="Storage Card\IGO\Content"

in the [folders] section of sys.txt and copy content folder form thу flash disk, you can run iGO with data off of the storage card... rather handy if you want to experiment with different maps, schemes etc.

Disclaimer: this is for people comfortable with UI files. There are rough edges and unfinished settings.

This also includes software bypass. Please be careful, obey all laws, and use at your own risk.

1. Speed Cameras work

(place*.ui; setting*.ui; speedcam*.ui)

2. House numbers displayed on the bottom of the screen

(navigatemap*.ui)

3. (UNFINISHED) Added vehicle type selection to route options.

(setting*.ui)

4. MSN Info. Shows extra information about MSN Direct service and lets you set some options. Does not save some. Please do not use for other than educational purposes -- I messed up downloading of gas prices.